What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

removing lines from floor tiles in image?

sydneyshaw

Hi all,

Can anyone advise the best method of removing the lines created by the floor tiles in the attached image? I have tried spot heal tool and content aware fill however they don't work well enough

Heysham auto backdrop large.png

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi sydneyshaw
The approach I would use is to select just the lines in the floor and then use
Edit > Content Aware Fill
This command is available in all recent versions of Photoshop CC

Below is an image of the selection I made followed by an animation of the before/after every two seconds to show the improvement
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 1.04.12 PM.png

floor-tile-animation.gif

thebestcpu

Guru
The polygonal lasso tool set to add mode and made multiple overlapping selections that added together:

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 1.19.41 PM.png

John Wheeler

thebestcpu

Guru
Ah yes, I cut out just the floor in my example so it only used the floor as a sample for filling the lines.
First, what version of PS do you have. Not all versions have the Edit > Content Aware Fill command.
If you do have the command, a window should pop up showing the areas you are going to fill and the color overlay shows the sampling areas. You need to erase all sampling areas that are not specifically the floor (e.g. the white above the floor). It was most likely sampling the white areas of the image when doing the fill.
Give that a try. If still having difficulties and can post cut and pastes of the step by step using the whole image if that helps
John Wheeler