What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rendering video help!

loafers99

Hello. Nothing moving after rendering video / image sequence from animation - please help. I am trying to export a animated object that I made with a polygon 3D shape. In the end my aim is to have a knob animated for a user interface with textures and materials.

But for now I will settle on just getting an animation to export at all.

Here is my method, perhaps someone can spot the error:

1. I just opened a new document, in a low ca 500x300px resolution
2. I make a new polygon shape, layer´s called "Polygon 1".
3. Go to menu item "3D --> 3D extrusion from shape".
4. I edit the 3D shape and twist it around a bit.
5. create a timeline
6. select my "Polygon 1" layer that shows up in the time line and start to add points to "3D Cross Section --> 3D Meshes --> Polygon 1".
7. With the cursor on my first frame i put a dot on that line and change the rotation Z to 0 degrees.
8. Then with the cursor on my first frame i put a dot on that line and change the rotation Z to 40 degrees.
9. I can now press play and the whole polygon rotates just fine.
10. I click Render video in the File menu and export into both H264 video and one other thest into image sequence, JPEG.
11. Not one frame is moving anywhere.

What is my issue?

My current export settings for 3D is "Raytracer draft" at a quality setting of 5. No problems though exporting the frames. They just do not turn at all, but they animate fine inside the timeline when I press play.

Specs:
Windows 10 Pro x64
PS 19.1.7
8-core intel xeon / 24GB ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2GB dedicated ram, all allocated to photoshop. No problems viewing or editing or swishing round my 3D objects.

Hello and welcome.

Upload your PSD file for our members to experiment with.

Last edited:
Here is my file, the one that is not playing ball.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.psb.zip
    261.6 KB · Views: 1
after some tinkering with settings I got the v20.0.4 to output the correct file at last. Solved with updating ps.

Back