What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Replace head in photograph? Help me make my sister's Christmas!

bobbybelfast

This might be a challenge but it would be so cool if this could be done. My sister got married a few years ago and asked me to get my hair cut for it. Being a bit of a hippy, I did not. There's a great photograph of me and my siblings at her wedding, but my long hair kinda ruins it (I can admit I should have gotten it cut now!) and she jokes about it a lot. I have since gotten my hair cut, and I thought it would be a funny/novel present if I could photoshop my head/hair as it is now, into the wedding photograph. She would love it and find it so funny!

I have retaken a photograph of me emulating the same expression as in the wedding photograph. I have tried to photoshop it in myself, but I'm struggling a bit with the shoulders (which are partly covered by my hair). The black and white photograph would be preferable, however I have also attached an alternative photograph that would also be nice if the black and white one is too challenging.

Mod edit: Please upload all images directly to the forum.

I would be so appreciative of this! Thanks, Rob.

Wedding.jpg

There is only one image here, as far as I can tell. I have no alternate head to swap into it.
I notice there is a mod edit, which implies that you were originally using a link to another site to host the image. Perhaps it was overlooked during the transfer to your post.

There is only one image here, as far as I can tell. I have no alternate head to swap into it.
I notice there is a mod edit, which implies that you were originally using a link to another site to host the image. Perhaps it was overlooked during the transfer to your post.

Sorry! I posted a link to an imgur folder but didn't realise that wasn't allowed. Looks like the link I posted was removed. Anyway, I've attached the photo to this comment. Hopefully this is something you can do - I'd certainly be impressed! Either way, thanks for the reply.

recent.jpg

The problem is not to replace the face
but rebuild the jacket and fill the gaps
created.

The problem is not to replace the face
but rebuild the jacket and fill the gaps
created.

Yes, that is where I was struggling :/ I was hoping it could be done, perhaps using my brother's jacket as a reference.

If the black and white image would be too difficult, I have attached two images for a different scene. This might be easier to do as less of the jacket is obstructed?

IMG-7523.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-12 at 11.58.51.jpeg

@PRESTON @polarwoc These are great guys thank you both so much! My sister is going to love this!

I am particularly impressed by the collar/shoulder reconstruction in the black and white image @polarwoc - amazing work! The only change I would make: there is a slight dark/light contrast on my right lapel which is creating a line on the lapel near the shoulder. Is there a way to blend that so there is less of a line? I can have a try using the patch/contrast-awareness tool maybe. This is a very minor thing though, the piece is really terrific - you are very skilled!

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to do this, I really appreciate it. You've inspired me to want to take some classes to work on my photoshop skills!
Happy holidays to you!

On seeing the work today, it felt like the head was out of proportion to the body, hence addressed that. The lapel request has been done in this image. Thank you for the compliments.
1641-After-Wedding1.jpg
You've inspired me to want to take some classes to work on my photoshop skills!
THIS is an awesome reward. Thank you.

Just for fun, here is an intermediate step while you were getting a hair cut.
1641-After-Wedding2.jpg

@polarwoc even better! This looks superb!

lol @ the intermediate step :joy:
Can't believe I ever thought I looked good with my hair like that :seenoevil:

Thank you so much for this!

Kind regards,
Rob

Back