What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

request

CimmiC

hi, i need help with something, i tried doing this myself, but since it the pictures were transparent .gifs... the colors were slightly distorted... i need some of these edit...

i need the orange one that moves to be silver, can you guys help?!? :D ??? keep up...

//CimmiC\\
~bless~

CimmiC, if you use the original gif as the direct source, you'll only have access to the palette/colours used within it as it is an indexed colour image. Therefore, when editing, just change to RGB mode (or one of the other multi-colour modes) "Image>Mode" and do your transformations.

The easiest way (I suspect) to do a gif like this is to create new layers for this colour transition. I'm not sure what you mean by silver - as the lines are rather thin a nice silver effect might not be that visible. Anyway, just create a new layer as a copy of the original, fill it with the colour you want (by ctrl/command clicking on the layer to load it as your selection) or simply adjust the hue and saturation to suit your needs (with colorize option maybe).

Duplicate this layer a few times, and from the bottom change the opacity level to the top (which should be 100%). Each of these will make up a frame in ImageReady. There you can save it again with a transparent or whatever background with an indexed colour once more.

*PS This image can still be optimised quite a bit by lowering the number of colours - I didn't really worry about it - perhaps I should've .... ah, another sleepless night for me.... If only I....*

Back