What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save trips to the Type tool

AppleCider

Power User
Some people know I'm a nut for shortcuts....life is too short even to type the T for the Type tool, then highlight copy you want to change. Here's how to do both at once.

Double-click on the T icon on the type layer you want to edit. It will automatically select the Type tool and highlight the copy. You're ready to edit.

theKeeper

Guru
And here's an even shorter cut Julie!

Just click on the T icon once! [honesty]

That way, the text doesn't become selected, and you can still read/see it; so you'll be able to judge how a modification is making your text look.

:perfect:

AppleCider

Power User
Oooh, very cool, Mark...thanks! :perfect:

sfm

Guru
yep I use that one all the time Mark .............. he he he that is one that I don't have to learn! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :p
sfm

sfm

Guru
here I have done a screen shot........ you change everything in the type window
sfm

Erik

Guru
Ahhh...those precious palettes.

Me, I'm never in a hurry. In fact: it's only the cimetary that's waiting for us, so I take my time. And I prefer these palettes. Lots of settings and fun.

sfm

Guru
hey no probs........ happy to be able to help
sfm

sPECtre

Guru
Something useful is that once the text layer is highlighted, the CTRL+Backspace and ALT+Backspace shortcuts are working to change the color of the text in a glimpse!

Tanya

shortcuts

I'm often in a bit of a hurry..it's my MEMORY that sucks *L I can never remember the shortcuts ;\

Tanya

wbiss

Guru
I hear you tcaeast ;)

Like Pavlov's dogs... repetition, repetition! After a while it becomes second nature and you don't even realize it! And most times, to the point that you can't even explain what you're doing to anyone. You just say "watch me and "this is what I do..."

Or is that just me? [confused]

sfm

Guru
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: same same Wendy......... when I am asked how did I do that........ I always say hang on I have to do it first because I just do it ha ha ha
then I usually get a ...... you can do that in ps? (sfm's mind reels.....well yeah...... hello I just did it didn't I) ....... so I smile and say yes you can he he he lucky for me they can't read my mind ha ha ha
sfm

AppleCider

Power User
As far as shortcuts, I only memorize the ones that are important to me...for things I use all the time (and this is going to be different for different people). Cmd-J & Cmd-Shift-J for copying/cutting a selection to a new layer; Cmd-U for Hue/Sat, Cmd-F to repeat a filter, d to reset the colors, Cmd to temporarily change to the Move tool, the Tool KB shortcuts for tools I use often, etc. etc.

True story: I took a Photoshop test for a job. The idea was that the manager watched while I did certain tasks. He kept saying "Wait, slow down...how did you do that?" Not because of my extraordinary creativity (the test was only to see if you knew your way around PS) but because I used shortcuts!