What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save webpages as PDF file

G

Sometimes you will find Photoshop tutorials or interesting articles on the Internet that you want to save on your hard drive. Internet Explorer has an option to save these pages and at it will create a single html file and a directory containing all the images and Java scripts. IE will however save only one single page at a time.

Some people might not know that Adobe Acrobat has an option called Open Web page? and with which you can create a PDF of the web page you?re interested in. There are options to retrieve only those pages that are under the same path, ?stay on the same server?, ?levels? and ?get entire site?.
I store pages by copying the path to Acrobat and selecting 1 level. That particular page is then loaded in Acrobat and shown on my screen and if this page contains additional pages, I click on the links involved (I do this inside Acrobat) to add them to page(s) I've loaded first. After that I save all pages as one single PDF file.
I think it?s a fast and simple way to save WEB pages and you will have also better print results with Acrobat instead of IE.

Couldn't agree more. Lucky me, I can use Acrobat at the DTP friends' studio (and comps). I usually download the pages as html, then, when I visit the friends I open Acrobat (not distiller!) and choose open, all files. It can easily open html pages. Then I clean up with the tools, add other pages and delete what I don't want.
It is handy. But unfortunately ta bit expensive imo.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I glad you bring up this point for all newbies and pros too. Arcobat is an lesser known miracle. And I use distiller frequent in web sites.

It is expensive but so worth the money. I send acrobat out almost daily. I love it. However, do you find it creates large files?. Or is it just me wanting to store everything I read? But its the greatest so I try not to notice file size.

People are sometimes confused about the difference between Adobe Reader and Acrobat (with Distiller) maybe you could explain that to all.

I would recomend buying Acrobat first before any investing in plug-ins. I feel that strongly about it.

Joy

that would be good but I think I only have the Adobe Acrobat reader 4.0 to be honest I haven't tried to write any PDF files or open pages and save them as PDF files but I doubt that I could do this with just the reader right? it would be handy to be able to write and save PDF files for deeper info on the web that is needed sometimes needed
sfm

Acrobat & distiller...the difference

When you have a full version of Acrobat (which runs around $300, unless you buy it in a bundle with other Adobe products), you have a program called Distiller. Full version Acrobat is not free, you have to buy it.

To use distiller, you postscript your files then run them thru distiller.....you can customize your settings in distiller to make the files large or small...for stuff just going on the web or e-mail you use the screen version setting offered and it automatically creates a small size pdf for you. If you're going to post your files to be run on a press, you create a large size file, with hi-res images, embedded fonts, color profiles etc. Often, it's been my experience, when you make the files for press, you have to compress them further with a program such as Stuffit before uploading to an ftp site.

Acrobat Reader does not allow you to create pdfs. It allows you to read them and print them only.

The full version of Acrobat is really a very good, stable program.

Welcome Nlevenson thanks for the tips
I might go to my friends house (yeah I have one amazing aint it he he he) and try the program out before I go and buy it sounds good :perfect:
sfm

Yesssssss on Acrobat. I just bought it last weekend, vs 5.05 and love it! It is so great for web page capture! I bought it to format my contracts and to have online forms, shopping carts etc. You can do amazing things with this software if you can program javascript! I keep the file size down by unchecking the cache option in the settings. :perfect: :perfect:

Yes great program Linda. It's not cheap, but worth every dollar. I use it a lot and can't live without it anymore. :D

I was just totally amazed at what you can do with this program. I mean all my form needs for online submission are right here! The client can submit the web worksheet online to me which is really helpful! The way I can save tuts from the web now....well worth the money! It is a great addition to Pagemaker and Photoshop. :D

Back