What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving slices without putting them in an "images" folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puns0steel

Is there a way to stop photoshop from putting all my slices into an "images" folder? I want it to overwrite files in a folder that's not called "images," but it always creates a new "images" folder arbitrarily, which means I always have to go manually move them to the correct location.

Any help??

Thanks,

Kenny

puns0steel

ahh, just found it. Go to Save for Web, optimize it, click save, then in the Settings dropdown of the Save dialog, select "Other..." and you can uncheck "Put images in folder"

murph17

Thank you for figuring that out. Images folder has been driving me crazy!!! Now if only I could name a file without including the slice number. But I guess I can live with that.

sebi

Now if only I could name a file without including the slice number. But I guess I can live with that.

When using the slicetool, double click on the blue tag and it will prompt you with properties. The name property will ultimately be the filename given to that specific slice. Hope that's what you meant.

paulmz

Hey there! Thanks puns0steel for posting the solution. It's been bugging me for years constantly moving saved images from the PS-created images folders to where I actually want them to be. I can't believe I never noticed the checkbox option for "Put images in folder" in the Output Settings.

Just pointing out that you don't need to go through a save process to change this setting. The option is also under the optimize menu tab in the main Save For Web window:

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 10.10.07 AM copy.png

Then "Saving Files" from the dropdown:

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 10.32.43 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.