What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving to .PDF does not preserve vector images

Jahusek

I'm saving my PSD file into PDF file, let say I have 2 layers: image from svg file and text. After saving to PDF, text is indeed in vector, but image layer is converted to regular image, even when in save-as-PDF options I set compression to none. How to keep this image in vector?

Hi Jahusek
There are a multitude of PDF saving presets and options depending on your intended end use of the PDF file i.e. going to special printers. Some printers also have requirements of which ISO version of PDF that they accept. So sharing some more about where the PDF is headed might help forum members provide better recommendations. It may help if you would be able to share the PSD file so forum members could try it out as well since it is hard to know if the issue if a settings issue or something specific about your layers in your PSD file.

It would also help to know the version of Photoshop that you are using.

In general, if you want to preserve everything in the PDF file, I use Save As to Photoshop PDF and use the high quality preset and make sure that the box to preserve Photoshop editing is checked.

Hope this helps some

John Wheeler

Back