What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selecting all in one shot...

samifox

Hi

Is there any method to select all the objects from all the layers(shape and raster) in one shot?

Thanks
Shay

You can make a copy of all the visible layers:
[CTRL/Command+SHIFT+ALT/Option+N] (to create a blank layer),
then [CTRL/Command+ALT/Option+SHIFT+E] (to merge a visible copy on this new layer)
(or even : [CTRL/Command+SHIFT+ALT/Option+N], keep the modifiers keys down and hit [E]),

and now, select all the visible parts by [CTRL/Command+click] the layer thumbnail

(I wish that It was possible to [CTRL+click] the layers sets to do so...)

Or...

Ctrl+A to select around the entire canvas.
SHIFT+Ctrl+C to 'copy merged'.
Ctrl+V to paste copied contents into it's own new layer.

Just make sure that layers you don't want to copy are 'hidden/turned off', before copying.

HINT: 'copy merged' means that all layers will be copied as they appear visually at that moment. Which includes whatever layer Blend Modes effects are being used. It's very functional this command. I use it a lot.

[slick]

PS: hi Pierre! [excited]

Thanks..

i assume its not possible the way i thought...

i meant to select all leyer as i select 1 layer...

Shay

no, but the way Mark (hi! we chase each other bewtween PST and PSG... hey, I'm master apprentice, now ;) )
and I gave you will work...

[stuned] I forgot the copy merged! thanks for reminding us!

I posted a features request for the CTRL+Click layer sets... might be useful for tricky compositing
(of course, for that, we can still ALT+Click the eye next to the set, and then apply one of our techniques...)

I could link all the layers.... what a ___________ i am?

:D

Shay

AH!!!! You wanted to highlight all the layers, not to make a selection out of them? [confused] :rofl:

hehehe, sometimes its the simple things that work [confused] [saywhat] :p

Back