What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Separate a file

jorgemv

Hi,

How do I separate one single psd file from a document with a multitude of psd files

I have a psd file that contains a multitude of logos on it; 40 of them, to be exact. Can I select just the one that I wish to work with, separating it from the other 39? If so, how exactly?

Each of the logos has its own set of layers appearing in the layers palette, but I can't figure out how to open or extract just one single instance of them. Many thanks for any help.

When having a 'collection' of logo's in one PSD file and wanting to work on one specific logo you should deselect the other logo layers and make the logo layer you want to work on active.

Untitled-1.jpg

Deselect the other logo's by clicking on the eyeball and select only the one you're gonna work on

Untitled-2.jpg

If the logo layer has multiple layers and/or adjustment layers it would be best to group them and name the group

Untitled-3.jpg

Hi,

How do I separate one single psd file from a document with a multitude of psd files

I have a psd file that contains a multitude of logos on it; 40 of them, to be exact. Can I select just the one that I wish to work with, separating it from the other 39? If so, how exactly?

Each of the logos has its own set of layers appearing in the layers palette, but I can't figure out how to open or extract just one single instance of them. Many thanks for any help.
Eggy, many thanks for having taken the time to help me with this problem, especially with images. I followed your advice, and, guess what, it worked perfectly! Also, thanks for your prompt reply; being new here, I thought it would take days before I would hear anything from anyone. This Forum is cool!

Back