What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single Color Photo Collage

M-Ko

Hello, friends. I'm very interested in the technique used to create these wonderful blue, yellow and red backgrounds used for this "Young Rock" image. While I often create similar compositions for a client using duotones, my images do not have the same range of light and dark values as shown here. Any recommendations on the technique used would be most appreciated!

M

91-jrapwBOL._RI_.jpg

Any recommendations on the technique used would be most appreciated!
Hello and welcome.

Just use a color fill adjustment layer with the proper color, then play with the opacity and blending modes until it looks right to you. You can also use gradient map adjustment layers.

Thank you IamSam.

Looks like this in combination with the luminosity layer effect reached the desired results. I, ah, may or may not have been making this too complicated with duotones. Thanks again!

M

Back