What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site redesign concept

hydrospell

Hello guys,

I am trying to do a new design for my site, www.ps-indepth.com

Here's a concept I've come up with, I'd like to ask what you guys think about it. Thanks! :)

new-template-1.gif

I like the colors, and the general design, but the icon for "downloads" (I'm assuming it's a CD) doesn't look very much like a CD.

Also, I'm not really sure about the font used for "INDEPTH" in your logo... Maybe even changing the Anti-aliasing method on the text would help, actually... Either way, it could stand to be a little bolder.

Yes, I agree with jon on the "INDEPTH", and isn't it two words not one?
Maybe put a hyphen between the IN and DEPTH? Or make IN lower case, and DEPTH in upper case: inDEPTH, in-DEPTH, in-depth, IN-DEPTH

With the CD, just get rid of the stroke around the outside. And for your home icon.....seems like it should be a house, but I like the little note book. Putting keys on the key board would give it more realism too. ;)

Jon,

The "indepth" was on purpose because my URL is photoshop-indepth.com
I would try tweaking with the AA or try a different font altogether for "indepth" though, thanks for the pointer.

Download button: Guess I have to redo my CD or change it back to a diskette. I was trying to move away from re-using the diskette as an icon... :(

Patrick, I want a change and not use "conventional" icons, so I had the brainwave to use a notebook instead. However, I shall try adding keys and see how it turns out. Thanks for the tip on the CD! :perfect:

Thank you guys!

I think the CD needs something extra. Maybe a arrow pointing down? Like your downloading something?

And how about putting an A+ on the Lessons sheet? Like a graded paper or something?

Just some ideas to try out. :)

hydrospell said:
The "indepth" was on purpose because my URL is photoshop-indepth.com
I didn't say to get rid of the text, just to change it up a bit. ;)

Keep with the CD for the downloads icon, just change it up a bit.

Eric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I thought I smelt something fishy when I saw "ogametips") Looks like you stalked me down to here! Hehe...

Your ideas for both the lessons and downloads icon are good. I am also not fixed on these two yet, maybe an open folio for "lessons" or good ol' diskette for "downloads". Anyway I'm seriously considering all options. Thanks!

Jon, what I meant was I put "indepth" joined (and not in-depth) on purpose, because it's my site's URL and name. Thanks for comments on the CD icon, but I still don't have that much time to experiment more yet.

School term starting tomorrow :(

hydrospell said:
Jon, what I meant was I put "indepth" joined (and not in-depth) on purpose, because it's my site's URL and name. Thanks for comments on the CD icon, but I still don't have that much time to experiment more yet.
Ahh... That's why I was confused - I'm not the one that commented on changing the text... Now I get it.

Looking good, hydrospell! ;)
The only thing is "pick yer poison"; it doesn't really flow with the style of the rest of the site. It looks really cool, but it's just hard to read and is kinda of an eye sore. It would go great on another site. :perfect:

Back