What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stacked layers 2

zoonose

Sorry for the mushy post. OK, I made 2 files in Ultrafractal, one with 3 layers, one with 4 layers and saved them as x.psd and y.psd. Now I go to PS and open x.psd. 3 layers show up in the pallete and everything is OK. Now I open y.psd and 4 layers show up and the x.psd with 3 layers disappear. My Q is :how do I combine the x.psd and y.psd into one file in PS with 7 layers? I am a newbie when it comes to PS so please have patience. Thanks.

Open X and Y and put them right next to each other. Pull layers from the layers pallette(the list on the bottom left) from X or Y(it doesnt matter) onto the canvas of X or Y. You can actually drag layers from the layers pallette from one doc onto another, which is not something i found out for a while, and has been very useful to me(especially when i want to save a layer, and also go back to a very early history state)...hope this helps....

I`ve never used Ultrafractal before, so I`m just shooting in the dark, here, but try opening x.psd, and Go File>>Save As and change the filename. (Or maybe duplicate it). Then open y.psd.

Who knows. it`s crazy enough it just might work.
[confused]

Hey, cool! I didn't know about 'dragging layers' either tranquil222! :perfect:

Welcome to the forum zoonose. :) As a 'newbie' to PS, you're sure to learn a lot right here! ;)

Thanks tranqui222 and all who replied. Dragging layers works like charm. It solved my problem. Thanks again.zoonose

Wendy You can drag layers. layer sets, styles and adjustment layers between any two open photoshop files.

Al

:D B7 This info does delight me! ;) :perfect:

Not to mention the ability to drag from other apps into photoshop too... ;)

Yeah Bubble, thats also a good way to bypass the right-click banning on some really paranoid sites, if you want to...uh...borrow their images
[stuned]

:perfect: shhh... not that anyone around here does that though [:I

Well some sites are just way too paranoid. I dont use them to my own advantage however, just for PS practice, etc.. If youve noticed, everything ive ever posted is my own work
edit: everything except other images that were posted in this forum
:perfect:

No I agree. I irritates me too when you do the good ole right click, then, nothing!! AAARRRHHHHH. But of course, these would/are never used for commercial purposes, just fodder [sly]

If youve noticed, everything ive ever posted is my own work

...and such good work too :}

Rantin Al: wendy You are hooked, ain't ya?
:D ;) Yeppers!!!! I can't tell you how many times I've used that 'trick' since I discovered it only yesterday! :rofl:

[shhh] Hey guys, whenever the old 'right click' doesn't work... just take a screen shot! ;) [sly]

Bwaah! :(| I can't right click! I'm on a Mac, but I'm not complaining. ;)

Al

wbiss said:
Hey guys, whenever the old 'right click' doesn't work... just take a screen shot!
Even better; save the page to your hard drive (explorer, file, save as...).
There's no web designer who can stop you from doing that :D

It's Control + Click on the Mac Tranquil. I don't use it tho', I just Print the whole page to Acrobat.

Al

Back