What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starburst Tute - DOH :)

Hmm Ill have to work on my reading comprehension.. step 1 - make a new image 256x256... not 225x225 like I did [saywhat]

Question :

Is there a quick way to draw a rectangular selection down the entire left half of the canvas ?

Seems like selecting the rectangle tool and using zoom is a bit of hit and miss to get the exact top left corner as a starting point for your rectangle.

There must be a better way ? [stuned]

doesnt look messed up to me maybe the size yeah but the image itself is really good looks like the gills of a mushroom like its been pressed on paper :perfect:

are you using the rectangle tool or rectangular marqee tool cuz you should be using the dotted looking one at the very top of the tool box(marqee) and you use this one to make a selection just click and drag the area you want and if you click outside the canvas window first it will select the very top corner of the image...hope this helps :perfect:

Thanks The Gurch :)

My Girlfriend thought that first picture was a nice purple flower, go figure :)

Thanks for the tip on the rectangular marquee selection. The trouble was I was not expanding the background to allow me to select outside the canvas. Works great now

/cheers

I like'em both. That first one is really neat.

Don't be worried if something like that happens and it doesn't turn out exactly as in the tutorial, something new and exciting can come of it.

Sanby

Thanks for all your encouragment gang :)

I wish I could tell you how I made the first purple mushroom dealie...but I can't. Though, it must be just a slight variation of Marks Tute.
[innocent]
/cheers

Nice effect, JustStarting! :perfect: :D

JustStarting...

Take the finished image of your 'proper' StarBurst effect (black background), and press Ctrl+I.

That's what you did to get the first effect you posted. ;)

Back