What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Store Exterior Colour Change

AVCon

I'm looking to update the exterior of our storefront from the boring beige to a new colour. I am limited to colour options according to our buying group and I'm trying to work with the current beige as we only plan to paint the front of the store and keep the other 3 sides the currently ugly beige to reduce the costs. The colours that are approved by our buying group are grey, black, white and purple, and can be any shade of these colours with the a few excepts. We are allowed limited use of beige and if we could find a creative way to tie it in the front it would be be great so the other 3 sides wouldn't look so odd. I'm open to creative input but it has to be somewhat easy to execute, lines of other design items would be fine.

I've attached a low quality picture of our store with a few examples sent by our group.

I really appreciate the help, I want to make the right impact as our building has been this way for 30 years now an rally needs updating.

Attachments

• 35553322_10155388407741373_1859705128177631232_n.jpg
    35553322_10155388407741373_1859705128177631232_n.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 18
  • asd.JPG
    asd.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 20
  • asdasda.JPG
    asdasda.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 18
  • asddd.JPG
    asddd.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 15
  • asdf.JPG
    asdf.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 14
Can you take or upload a better photo of your store?

Here are a couple of ideas of mine.

First and easiest option to paint would be paint the lower 3/4 of the building either grey or purple with top 1/4 left beige and a black stripe separating the two. The challenge to this option is the siding is vertical ripped so paint a straight horizontal line would be hard to tape up.

Second would be to paint it all a solid grey with the some vertical lines inside the rips of the siding left beige on either side towards the ends and maybe accented with a black line.

And the last one i've thought of some to get abstract and paint some of all colours in different patterns but this seems very difficult..

Is a better picture a most have?

I would say yes.

The images you uploaded are very low res. They are going to be difficult to work with.

It's also not clear to me what you are asking for. Maybe you can be more specific as to what you are looking to have done to the images.

It's also not clear to me what you are asking for. Maybe you can be more specific as to what you are looking to have done to the images.
James, I think he's wanting us to add the grey, black, white and purple color scheme to this image.......
Store.jpg

The other images are examples of other stores with the same color scheme.

Yes, that is one of the options I tried explaining in the 2 different colour. In reference to the first photo, another alternative would be a dark grey on the bottom with either the the existing beige at the top, or to keep the purple and add the dark grey on top. Would it be possible to do those to options? What you've done is prefect, gives me a good idea of how it would look.

Another option that has been talked about in the store is to paint the whole front dark grey with the portion above the right hand window painted purple with the outside line left the current beige and a black line to frame it off. But then i'm not sure have to mirror that in the left side of the building where there are not windows. We've talked about putting a sign in the place where the window would be of the same size.

I've attached one I did in Paint, but the beige would be grey.

Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

35553322_10155388407741373_1859705128177631232_n.jpg

Last edited:
That is great, prefect. Thanks so much.

If it possible to do the one like I pictured above that would be great. The thats all we need to decide.

Back