What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Symbols or patterns

Localh78

I found a group of symbols or patterns in PS once (foot print different shapes) but i cant seems to find them again...please forgive me for asking such a easy question....thanks jason

Localh78 ... I've done that heaps of times, looked for something I found yesterday and couldn't find it today ... very frustrating ... pic below should explain it all ... advise if it doesn't, 'cos there's heaps of people here who are very capable of helping you with this problem :)

Hiya Local.

See the small round arrow at the top right of the last picture which Namvet posted. Click on it and scroll down for wonderous things, just click 'Append' at the prompt screen.

I once 'lost' my Liquify, took me ages to find it again! [saywhat]

Al

You can also make your own Custom Shapes by adjusting a shape layer or creating your own from scratch with the Pen tool.
Then go Edit>>Define Custom Shape (or right click with the pen tool active), name it and save it.

Great guidance/advice namvet (Ian), R.A. and docilebob! :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

Welcome aboard Localh78! ;)

You might also wish to create a custom library of shapes by doing what i did... converting dingbat/wingding fonts.

I have an Action for this to make the process less painful. [honesty]

Anyone remember what thread i posted the link to that action in? Aaah nevermind, here it is again: Creating Custom Shapes.

This set of 3 Actions will quickly do the following:
1) create a type layer for every key on your keyboard (uses Arial as the base font)
2) convert those type layers to vector shape layers
3) save the vector shapes into a custom library

If you have a questions about running the Actions let me know.

NOTE:
Obviously this is a PC specific Action Set. Because Mac fonts extensions are named differently than PCs, i can't create a Mac version of the first Action (creating initial Type layers). But if a kind Mac user here wants to provide that, it can be added into the set easily. The 2nd & 3rd Actions though should work fine for either OS. It's just the 1st one that is OS specific. ;)

QUIERY:
Adobe has 2 specific fonts it uses for the program... ("photoshop.fon" & "photoshop small.fon")... i wonder if they're named the same on both OSes? If that are, then that could be used as the default font for the first Action. That would remove the extra work needed to create 2 versions of the type layer Action.

OOPS!:
Ok strike that last thought guys!... I just did a test run and when i use the Adobe program font for the type layer Action, it uses a whopping 469MB for a swap file!? For some reason, that TINY, Aliased font needs a HUGE amount of 'space' to exist. I find that puzzling! [saywhat]
So i guess the initial idea will have to work -- i.e. a Mac use create a version of the 1st font (type out every key on the keybaord, including CAPS and Shift+key combos).

:perfect: such a cool action, Mark! :perfect: :D

Mark I tried out your action on my Mac and it worked first time.

Maybe the file size issue was the resolution setting?

Great use of Actions :} It will come in handy.

Al

Thanks so much! I didnt know you could do that to type layers. Thanks for the actions too Mark. Ive already converted my japanese font, as well as webdings, all sets of wingdings and wp iconic. Im sure ill find more.
You guys rule!

:perfect:

Back