What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tattoo transfer advice appreciated

Pop27

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get some advice please.

I want to add a photo of a tattoo onto a photo of another body as an experiment before getting one. However, the tattoo is coming from a photo on someone elses skin. (I can't post the actual tattoo image as it contains nudity)

I have watched youtube tutorials and the tattoo design on these always comes from google with a white background.

So I basically wanted to know if I could transfer a tattoo that's already on skin, to a photo with skin as the background?

Thanks in advance

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is just a matter of opening the image of the tattoo you want to transfer into the document containing the image of the person/skin you would like to the tattoo transferred.

Use Free Transform to size and position the tattoo.
Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 11.31.04 AM.png

Next you can experiment with blending options to see which one might work. In this case, Darker Color worked best.

Next add a layer mask to the tattoo image layer.
Select your Brush Tool and a soft round brush (set to black) to blend the tattoo layer into the body layer.
Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 11.31.21 AM.png

Layers panel.
Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 11.37.22 AM.png

If you have any questions, please ask.