What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

technical text query

Duga Longsbi

I've got this img for example and would very much like to know how fo I make this text a full circle
Tnx

Erik

Guru
Cut it in two, say at ... fo / otball ...
make each a text layer and bend to half a circle
then double the height of your doc and edit>flip vertically the otball layer and nudge it down.
flatten and done.

tranquil222

Power User
There is no way I know of to make text go in a full circle except to create a new layer and use the opposite text transform settings for your top layer, and this is ok most of the time for me because i dont want the text on the bottom to be upside down. There is no way to type text on a path in PS. Typing text on a path is A LOT better than the text transforming option in PS because it retains the shape of the character while only altering the position. This is one area where PS falls short. Even the latest release of Paint Shop Pro has this capability, as well as Illustrator(Anything I do that involves typing in a circle I always go to Illustrator for). Hopefully Adobe will add support for this in PS 8.0, until then, workarounds are the only solution. Cheers!

Duga Longsbi

Tnx for kind comments but I'm looking for both circled & bent vertically text which naturally involves PS and Bryce . Let me figure this one out

namvet

Power User
Rantin Al wrote:
I've put this into the Tips and Techniques.
... do I see an A.M. in our midst?? [innocent] :) :D

Rantin Al

Guru
A.M. Namvet?? Lost me, try again. [stuned]

Amateur Moderator?? Naw, not me! I meant I'd posted a quick tip for wrapping text. ;)

Al

namvet

Power User
Rantin Al .. oh, my mistake .. thought you meant 'moved the thread to Tips and Techniques' ... and A.M. = Apprentice Moderator ... :D

Rantin Al

Guru
Namvet As above, I have no ambitions of world domination, yet! ;)

Al

MsOz

Power User
Not sure what you mean by 'bent' text, but...

This is 'down & dirty' to the extreme. Simply the Polar Coordinates filter...It's circular and bent, if kind of spherical is what you meant...

Duga Longsbi

Tnx for kind advice. I won't be able to describe what it is I'm looking for untill I've found it then we talk