What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texturize Filter menu missing in Photoshop 2022

nurgle

Hi, just forced to upgrade from my now dead 2012 27" iMac using Photoshop CS6 to a new iMac 24" M1 using Photoshop 2022...

I used the Texturise filter a lot in CS6 to 'texture' solid colours and gradients etc.

I now can't find it in Photoshop 2022.

is there anyway of getting it back or workarounds...?

Regards, Sandy

Hi @nurgle
I don't remember the details on CS6 yet on recent versions of Photoshop you can use
Filter > Filter Gallery go to the Texture section, choose the type of 6 major texture types you want, and then each of those six have another layer of options from which to choose.
I show in the picture showing the Texturizer option and you can see the settings I used.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 4.59.59 PM.jpg

The texture filter(s) that John speaks of above in post #2, are in the exact same place in CS6. This was not moved between versions. Sandy may be referring to something different.

In both CS6 and newer versions of Ps, there was a "Textures" action set found under actions. But this also has not changed.
Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 6.14.14 PM.png

In both versions, there is the "texture" option under Bevel & Emboss in a layer style. You can also add "textures" in Pattern Overlay in a layer style.

We may need more information on this one!

Back