What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best way to convert one vector file to many pngs?

peterg

First I would like to say I really appreciate this forum. I just found it but has already found lot's of interesting stuff.

OK, I am kinda sort of a newbie when it comes to more advanced PS stuff and I am looking for guidance on how to do certain stuff to create a better work flow.

What I want to do is to take a file with some vectors in it, for example one AI document with the numbers 1 to 10 in it. I would like to apply one or two effects by using Photoshop styles and then save each number as an individual file in .png format.

In other words:

Input - 1 AI document with 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 written on on.
Process: style effects
Output: 10 individual .png documents each with a "styled" number on it.

So far I have manually created a new layer in photoshop and pasted in each of the numbers, manually and applied effects. But it's really the "how do I do this without pasting in numbers 10 times" I am trying to solve.

My questions:

- Is it possible to do or do I have to paste in each number in an individual layer manually?
- What's the best way to do this?
- Can I automate the whole process through actions?

Thanks for a great forum!

Best,
Peter

Back