What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The March Free For All

gare

Power User
The soothsayer's warning to Julius Caesar, "Beware the Ides of March," has forever imbued that date with a sense of foreboding. But in Roman times the expression "Ides of March" did not necessarily evoke a dark mood?it was simply the standard way of saying "March 15." Surely such a fanciful expression must signify something more than merely another day of the year? Not so. Even in Shakespeare's time, sixteen centuries later, audiences attending his play Julius Caesar wouldn't have blinked twice upon hearing the date called the Ides.

The term Ides comes from the earliest Roman calendar, which is said to have been devised by Romulus, the mythical founder of Rome. Whether it was Romulus or not, the inventor of this calendar had a penchant for complexity. The Roman calendar organized its months around three days, each of which served as a reference point for counting the other days.

So how about an ad or greeting card this month to celebrate MiddleMarch?

What would Jessica send to Nick? }:\
Or Hillary to George? :p
Or Google to Microsoft? :cry:

Submit your Photoshop, Xara, Illustrator, or modeling render and enter this month's Free for All! I used Poser, Maya, and a little PS.

The deadline is, 'em...

My Best,

Gare
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Don't believe everything you think.

Re: The March Free?For?All

I like that Gare -- I'll try to think of something chilling for the free-for-all.

Back