What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tiffs, jpegs won't open by double-clicking on them, only by opening within PSCS

ixschell

Hi,

I have a weird problem with Photoshop CS. When I double-click on a tiff, jpeg, or Photoshop file it launches the program, but it won't open the image. In order to do that I must go to file and choose open. This is much more trouble. I can't figure out why. My photoshop guru friend couldn't figure out why. Any ideas?

Also, and this may or may not be related. When I open the program I get the following message: For Photoshop UI to display correctly, open System Preferences, click General, and turn off text smoothing for font sizes 8 and smaller.

The weird thing is, when I did what message suggested, I discovered that there was no "text smoothing" option to turn off under Preference (under General) in Photoshop. There is no General in the computer's System Preferences, so I'm assuming the message refers to Photoshop Preferences.

Thanks!

Re: tiffs, jpegs won't open by double-clicking on them, only by opening within P

Try binning the preference files.

Re: tiffs, jpegs won't open by double-clicking on them, only by opening within P

Welcome to the board ixschell 8))

Shaun said:
Try binning the preference files.

Try that first; hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift when you start Photoshop. (Command-Option-Shift on the Mac).

Back