What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retouch Top lip edit

Make top lip more coloured/visible to match the bottom lip

Hey guys, the top lip isnt very visible because of the intensity of the lighting, is there any way to make it the same colour/visibility as the bottom lip?

picture.jpg

Many thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
The entire photo is overexposed so I tried to fix that, as well as the upper lip. Hope this is ok.

Lip.jpg

The entire photo is overexposed so I tried to fix that, as well as the upper lip. Hope this is ok.
First and foremost, thank you very much for your time and effort! I hate to say this because you've done an absolutely amazing job of making up for the exposure, but my friend had actually wanted to keep the overexposure. Would it be possible to adjust the top lip only, but keep it the same colour and brightness as the bottom lip is in the original picture to avoid a sharp contrast? Sorry for the hassle!

my friend had actually wanted to keep the overexposure.

I knew you were going to say that!!! I always hesitate to change things too much because sometimes people want the photo just the way it is. I guessed wrong this time. Here's the lip only. Let me know if it's too dark.

Lip2.jpg

I knew you were going to say that!!! I always hesitate to change things too much because sometimes people want the photo just the way it is. I guessed wrong this time. Here's the lip only. Let me know if it's too dark.
Hahaha, no worries! This is much closer to what I was looking for, thanks :D
However, it seems you may have slightly misjudged the outline of her top lip because the high exposure makes it difficult to tell where it is - if you follow the line from her septum to the top of her lip you can just barely see that her top lip is actually about double the width you initially thought. Could you kindly fix that? Thank you very much!

Like this??? If this still isn't right, would it be possible for you to send another photo of this person, in a similar pose, so that I can see more clearly how her lips are shaped?

Lip3.jpg

Like this??? If this still isn't right, would it be possible for you to send another photo of this person, in a similar pose, so that I can see more clearly how her lips are shaped?
Hey, sorry for the late reply, I wasn't notified for some reason. Yes, that looks almost perfect, thank you so much! The left side is on point but the right side needs to be extended slightly, up to the "shadow" part - in hindsight the bottom lip would also have to be extended slightly, to match this, so although I initially only asked for the top lip could you also extend the right side of the bottom lip by a bit too? This is the best picture I could find of her lips, though I couldnt find any in a similar pose so I'm not sure how useful it is. Also, could you make it a bit lighter or add a slight glossy effect to make it look a bit more natural like the bottom lip? Sorry for asking for so much, I feel like such a burden :' )

lips.jpg

Ok, I think this is the best I'm able to do (but the new sample photo you sent was a big help). I'm attaching two versions. The first one looks "right" to me, but you seem to want the upper lip to be lighter than I would have it, so version 2 lightens the upper lip a bit more. Hope these are good.

Lip4.jpg

Lip5.jpg

Ok, I think this is the best I'm able to do (but the new sample photo you sent was a big help). I'm attaching two versions. The first one looks "right" to me, but you seem to want the upper lip to be lighter than I would have it, so version 2 lightens the upper lip a bit more. Hope these are good.
Thank you, thats exactly what I was looking for! Kudos : )

Back