What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transform/Perpective

OpTimus

ok,..lol i done it once, but i cant remeber how i done it...:)

ok, i create my reactangle. I place the gradient color i want for it. ok i go to rec. marquee tool and put a rec. within my first red. ok i want to transform this rec. so i do a 37 degree inward. now i want to delete that portion out. but when i go to transform the rec(go inward) its taking away the main rec. how can i prevent this from happenning?

i tried creating a new layer for the transform rec but that didnt work when i tried to delete that portion out

Use separate layers OpTimus. ;) Copy your selection from your 1st layer to your second layer and, with the selection still active, transform it on the second layer.

That is... if I'm reading you right... :\

Hiya Optimus,

I think you are using the Crop Tool? (Third tool down on the left?) That's why you are losing the outer section.

Make your main rectangle with the Marquee (First tool in the Toolbox)and fill as required. Deselect.
Make the smaller inner rectangle.
Here you need: Select > Transform Selection.
This will allow you to scale, position & rotate the inner rectangle.
When you OK the transformation, you will have a rotated selection with the marching ants. Now you can delete or fill as required. Then deselect.

You could go directly to Select > Transform Selection after your initial fill. I've given the 'long' way for simplicity. Hope this solves your puzzle.

Cheers Al

I would really like to help you OpTimus but I have a hard time to understand what you exactly mean and trust me, I've read it over and over [confused]

Ya i agree with G.

I know what you're "trying" to do and it has to do with that elongated glass viewscreen effect, from Gamespot.com. (the "37 degree transform part is from my mini-tute)
But i'm not understanding what specifically the problem is.

Although... i'd hazard a guess and say that Wendy was on to something with her suggestion. You need to work on separate layers for the different interface elements.

Back