What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to OCR jpg due to column alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogW

Not sure if Photoshop gurus can help but any advice/guidance from the huge skill base would be so appreciated as I am at a loss to proceed. Attached is a jpg of a land register. I have tried to sharpen but when I try to OCR t tfr to a spreadsheet but I cannot find a way to contain the column formatting. Trying not to deviate from the purpose of this forum but hope a solution can be found . Thank you all - Roger

1838 poll book part 01.jpg

Just so I umderstamd - you want to turn this page into an Excel-type chart? Or do you just want the raw data just as a text document

I have quite a lot of these documents where I want to extract the data and paste into a spreadsheet - Roger

Do you have One Note ... It can OCR a picture.
Can you crop a picture (Column) for it to OCR ???

Yep - have One Note - will give it a try - thanks - will report back - Roger

I think you will have to Crop the picture to the column you want, then OCR it.

Note that line 2401 is missing from your original image
Here is a straighten document with fewer JPG artifacts as a PNG file:1838-poll-book.png

And here is a zipped PDF file that I OCRed (not sure that will help or not)

Attachments

• 1838-poll-book-reduced size.pdf.zip
    591.3 KB · Views: 11
How many pages ???
This will be a many step manual process and may not be worth the effort for many pages.

Using Photoshop, OneNote and Excel, I’ve made 5 pages to OCR, Then made a spread sheet.
Now comes the editing the spread sheet phase.

It’s been awhile since I’ve played with OCR, I don’t know if the newer OCR routines have solved this column formatting problem or not.

Attachments

• Play.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back