What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uninstalling fonts

ronmatt

Guru
New machine...Vista OS... I've got a bunch of fonts that came on the machine, that I don't want on the machine...I never knew what 'system fonts' were required and obviously I'll need to keep these in the system but I want the rest out. I have my own adobe font library ( open type ) that I pick and choose from using 'font fitting room. Please, does anyone know what fonts I must keep in 'system fonts'?

Why not just use a font manager to manage them all?

Thats a good idea to use a font manager but you said that you want to remove installed fonts and leave the defealt windows font, i think that cannot be possible if you already installed fonts in the windows font dir and now you install the font manager to remove them. This is not possible in any way.the font manager only removes what it has installed.

If you installed fonts manually in the font directory then you should know what the new fonts installed by you and you should remove them only not the win default fonts that are in need for system to work properly.

With all respect guys, but I don't see why Ronmatt needs to spend money on yet another piece of software, just after he bought another PC, when all he basically wants is removing all non-system fonts. I find that a waste of money, unless Ronmatt wants more than he's telling us.

In an earlier post he also made it clear that he wanted to keep the system pretty basic and avoid any bloat.

Mindblasting's link answered my question...Thanks

gaussian said:
but I don't see why Ronmatt needs to spend money on yet another piece of software

Installing software doesn't always mean spending money. There are some good freeware font managers out there.

MindBlasting said:
This is not possible in any way.the font manager only removes what it has installed.

Not always true. Many font managers will just make a list of what fonts you have installed as well and allow you to manage those.

Sounds like ronmatt is all set though, so it's moot at this point. ;)

Back