What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upgrade photoshop 7 to 7.01

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindosam

try to run photoshop 7.01 up grader on my recently purchased copy of photoshop 7.0 but tells me it cannot find photoshop files can anyone please help. first tome on this site thank you

G

The problem has something to do with certain serial numbers that are blacklisted. Instead of deactiving a few, they probably deactived whole series of numbers and a lot of customers are now being forced to call Adobe for a new serial number. Make sure that you prove to them that your copy is legal, otherwise they will refuse to give you a new serial.

Hindosam

Welcome -- Nice to hear from U.

I recently installed the .01 and had the same problem as you. Turns out that PS instructions are incorrect. The file is there but under a different name. Eric has a fix on how to locate the file that installs it. I'll send him a note to see if he remembers.

Joy

G

That is in some cases true Joy, but in 95% of the cases it really has to do with blacklisted serial numbers.

These are some problems that I know of:

1) can't find particular path/file (blacklisted numbers ); call Adobe for a new serial number.
2) error -113: caused by self -extractor. Use Winzip to open update and extract files to any directory and run the update from there.
3) unpacking. It's not advisble to unpack the setup files to the default directory, but create a new directory instead (run the update from there).This solved a lot of the problems for many people. Seems that this temp directory and the PS update don't get along very well.
4) make sure that the main Photoshop file is still called photoshop.exe and not photoshp.exe for example.
5) people who don't read the readme file that is included in the update :D

ok;)

Ahaaaa thanks G-man. I think I remember now the trick that worked for me was to dl in a separate folder. B7

Joyful ;)

mallen

still can't update to 7.01

I still can't get the 7.01 update to find photoshop. Any other ideas?

Mark[saywhat]

theKeeper

Guru
Welcome hindosam & mallen...

I never had this problem either so i'm afraid the only advice I could give is to follow the advice of the others here in this case.

But do make sure you read the ReadMe file for the install.
And i would think extracting the files to a newly created folder and running the installer from there would be a good choice.

But other than that, contacting Adobe is the next best thing to do.
Sorry. :\

G

Welcome to the board Mallen and nice to have you here :perfect:

Mallen, the advice I gave should absolutely work, trust me.
If you've done point a. ( "can't find particular path/file (blacklisted numbers" ); call Adobe for a new serial number ), then it should have been fixed. What I don't understand; if it's still not fixed why you didn't redial that same number again? :\

mallen

7.01 fix

Well I have seen others saying you need to change the .exe file names and stuff. I can't seem to find these files they refer to. I tried the serial number fix but it didn't work. I can't call Adobe becuase my version is a copy. I don't think its the serial number becuase I have tried many diffrent numbers and even generated some and it still won't work.

Mark[confused]

theKeeper

Guru
Sorry guys, this thread has to be closed.
Subject matter is in an "out of bounds" area now.

Mark...

Status
Not open for further replies.