What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Used car image background replacement for dealership - help

sydneyshaw

Hello everyone, I have recently opened a used car dealership in the North West and I take the images of my cars myself. I try to get good quality images however there are no decent outdoor locations by me and certainly no indoor locations I could use so I have been looking into using PS to change the image backgrounds. I have used a guy in Italy who charged around 5USD per image, however with around 10 images per car I cant quite justify the expense. I have tried doing it myself, I bought a good quality background from shutterstock or somewhere and planned on simply cutting out the car and adding it to the nice background layer however something just doesnt seem right, it doesnt look professional or "real" and I wonder if anyone can help, I imagine a task like this is easy to an expert but I have very limited knowledge of using Photoshop. I have just bought a subscription to Adobe cloud which allows me to use Photoshop or Lightroom so before I see if anyone on here can do it for a fee I thought I'd ask the experts for advice first.

To give you an idea of what I mean please see the below images, the latter is the one which I paid to have done so there is obviously a huge increase in quality, I just don't yet have the skills to do the same:

Before:

_00_0036%202_zpsupaiug7d.jpg

After:

4-1HD_zpsryaup2kr.jpg

If possible it would be great to be able to have a background like this company use, however they charge too much to have this done:

bg_replacement1_zpsb27ytrnv.jpg

bg_replacement2_zpslycptszq.jpg

bg_replacement3_zps03ee6buc.jpg

bg_replacement4_zpsom1i0zoo.jpg

bg_replacement5_zps1ek5ykr6.jpg

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

colleague

Guru
Hi
the after does not look better to me , the light is too strong
maybe just do adjustment shadow highlights
if you are going to change the background , then 15 minutes is easily spent
that makes 150 minutes for 10 photo's
trees shining trough the window will make it difficult if you want to change it into a wall

here is an example of what it could be , but I think it's too much work
ford 2.jpg

sydneyshaw

Wow that looks amazing!! If anyone can create images like these for me please get in touch, paid of course

Aakshat

Power User
Agreed with @colleague
the green background is not matching with the cars lighting.
here is my try on it. It didn't came out that good though.

_00_0036 2_zpsupaiug7d.png

Edit: And after posting it i just realized that i forgot to replace the background on windshield. and also missed the light near the front tire. :p