What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Variable for Layer name and use in Actions

Gabarito

Hi everyone.

I'm doing a sequence of numbers to show a countdown counter, in the shape of those digital clock plates.
Like this:

Contador1-segundo.gif

Since there are 10 numbers and several frames of each number to do the animation, I thought about creating a sequence of actions.
I created the actions for one number and would like to apply it to the remaining nine ones.

But I came across a serious impediment: the actions use the name verbatim of each layer and do not lend themselves to be applied in the other layers.

For example, I created layer 9 that will transition to layer 8.
I made transformations in layer 9, made selections and made copies of layer 8.
If I apply this to layer 1, of course it will not work, because the action will look for layers 9 and 8.

Searching, I found references to using variables in the Image menu.
But from what I could understand, those variables will not be useful to me.
I was looking for something that would do the actions in layers that were referenced by variables and not by the name of each layer.
In a manner that I only had changed the variable by its-turn layers, applying the actions generically on layers 1 and 2, then 2 and 3, and so on.

Attached are a template file and my palete of Actions for colleagues to take a look at what I'm doing.

Thank you for any suggestion and/or change of procedure.
Because I'm not a Photoshop expert, I may be going down a more complicated path than I would have thought.
Incidentally, I even ask for an opinion about the transformations that I made trying to simulate a 3-D board turn.

As I said before not being an expert, it is only today that I "discovered" the 3D features of the program.
Who knows what animation I'm trying to do would be better represented by using this feature?

Waiting suggestions.
Thank you.

================================
Guidance on how to use Actions:
Open the Plaques.psd file
Perform Action "Number Only"
Execute Action "Style 1 - Bold"
Perform Action "Center"
Perform Action "Detach in the middle"
Perform Action "Make Plates"
Perform Action "Transformation"
--------------------------------------------------------------