What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vexed, can't do thread things

Stroker

Power User
I want to add more stuff to my Variable Frequency thread, but apparently I can't.

1. I can't reply directly to my initial post. That is, no Reply button.
2. Can't edit post, either.

Very vexing.

I will look into it the next hour, sorry for the inconvenience Stroker. ;)

Mark set up that forum in a way that replies weren't allowed, I assumed to keep that section neat and tidy. However he made the mistake to disallow the original poster to reply to his own thread or even to edit or delete posts. I have changed this, so it should work now.

Let me know if you have any more problems Stroker.

Seems to be dandy. Mucho gracious.
I'll get to posting more later.

Hiya Stroker. :D

Actually G i setup that board for MODs only. I didn't want just anone to be able to throw up tutorials. That was to be something for either I or the MODs to do. Thus allowing US to maintain the quality level of the tutorials.

And in that case, they would normally have all the 'permissions' they needed to create/edit any thread in there. Do you still have Strokwer as a MOD? Because that would be the only reason why he wouldn't be able to edit those threads.

Any questions on the setup of any other board let me know.

Ah, I see, thanks Mark!? :perfect:

I don't know if I want to continue with only Mods or me posting in that forum... I have to think about that one. The point is that the complete PSG site will be built around the "Community" and how also the community can contribute to PSG, not just to the forum, so I have to look into this as how to set it up without it becoming a big mess.? :D

Mark, I did some more thinking about this one:

theFounder said:
Do you still have Strokwer as a MOD? Because that would be the only reason why he wouldn't be able to edit those threads.?

No, Stroker doesn't have the mod privileges anymore, on his own request,?so yes, that explains why he couldn't edit or add new posts, but that didn't explain why he was able to create a new thread...

Turns out you had "Post new topics" set to allowed for ungrouped members, which is every member.? ?;)

how to set it up without it becoming a big mess.
Exactly.

Turns out you had "Post new topics" set to allowed for ungrouped members, which is every member.
Yeah... don't recall exactly WHY that came to be. But like i mentioned over the phone, the SMF conversion of the phpBB db added some extra catagories to that section in the CP so no doubt there were a few odd settings in there.

Good to see it's sorted now though.

Back