What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video game map

Rockatansky

Hi all,

I am trying to do some blending between two versions of a map. I want the brown terrain (minus the mountains and the lakes) to sort of mesh with with the green terrain, however, I do not want the colors of the brown terrain when I do this. I have tried adjusting the opacity on both layers but the brown shines through too much. Not sure how I can have the hills and canals of the first one, but with only the colors of the second one. Any help appreciated.

terrain1.png

terrain2.png

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Not sure if I understood it correctly but put the 'brown' layer as bottom layer, the green layer as top layer. Apply Hue blend mode on the green top layer

Untitled-1.jpg

But actually the easiest way is to select the sea parts, invert the selection, add an hue/saturation adjustment layer and slide the hue to green and darken at will

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited: