What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what if i dont have Photoshop?

s00per s00zan

ok, i dont have photoshop, but i would really love to have it. i'm really starting to get interested in this photography thing. i'm 14 and i think it's something that i want to take on into my career life and everything. can someone help me get this program...PLEASE?! :D
~SOOPER SOOZAN

Help getting Photoshop? Nothing could be simpler, just go down to your local computer store and buy it. Or buy it online.

Hope this will help you!

/Moltas

Since you are very young, and just starting out, get Photoshop Elements 3 to start with.
You can do very many things just like in Photoshop, and this will get you going at a price you can afford.

If you find that you learn every tool in Elements, and can use them, and still need more, then save your money and buy the full version.

You will probably be ready to graduate High School before you reach that point, and if you go to college, you can buy the educational version.

In the meantime, First, download and play with the Trial version of Photoshop Elements.
THEN, download and play with Photoshop(AFTER the trial version of Elements has expired). This will give you about 2 months of experimenting and playing to see how you do.
Also, when those expire, download and play with the trial versions of Painter, Paint Shop Pro, Photo Impact, and Microsoft's Photo Image (?). That way, you can play for quite awhile, and learn about layers, channels, cutting, pasting, painting, and various other graphic tools and applications without spending a single penny!

You will then get a better idea if graphics is really something you want to invest a lot of time, energy and money into.

You can also download The Gimp, which is a freeware photo editor very similar to Photoshop. It does not expire, and I've seen some very impressive work done with it (do a web search for Gimp gallery to see some examples).
ENJOY!
Good Luck!

JoeD, behave.

s00per s00zan, listen to MsOz. Try Photoshop Elements first. If it is to your liking you can purchase it. Adobe offers student discounts.

If it is out of your price range try Gimp. Nice program.

Or, you can look through your local newspaper for any print shop liquidation/going out of business auctions and bid for it. That's how I got Photoshop 4 and 6 for less than $100.00 each. (not the same auction)

Also, keep in mind that if you buy a scanner or digital camera, you will sometimes get a light version of Photoshop (not sure if that would be Elements these days, it was called LE once upon a time-I haven't bought a scanner in quite a while!!)
Not every scanner or camera comes with it but if you are going to get one it would be something to keep an eye out for.
And hopefully it goes without saying BUT...
Please, please please-don't pirate the program! There are a lot of alternatives out there that will let you dip your toes into the pool (demos, etc.)

Have fun!! ;)

Moth said:
JoeD, behave.
Mmm...
For your information Moth, I asked s00per s00zan this single question: "I don't understand, do you want it for free s00per s00zan?" and he replied with "of course i would like it for free! free is good. free is my favorite number!".
My reply was nothing but a joke to break the tension,
because I know from the past how some people react on posts like this ;)

Btw, two of my kids are 13 and 15 and I know how smart they are. I really don't think that kids that age don't know where or how to buy Photoshop. :rofl:

JoeD, just making sure that it was joking. ;)

Btw, two of my kids are 13 and 15 and I know how smart they are.

It's been my experience that they are both smarter than you think and dumber than you think. It just depends if the automatic reset occured at midnight for that day. :D

Back