What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best method to sharpen the outlines for this?

tmac

i want to try and make this crown come to life and look realistic for a shirt design i'm trying to make.

mmm... i know it may seem like a lot of work... but the results will be fantastic, and allow you to expand on the design if you wish, with no hassles at all.

What am i talking about?

Paths... use the Pen tool and trace over that image. Then fill the separate sections with the appropriate colours. Trust me... it'll look 1000% times better when you're done.

And it won't take as much time as you might think. ;)

Mark, I'm gonna have to say your crazy on that one...
Look at all of the subtle things in there? they are really small... If you don't care about them, then go ahead with the pen tool, but if your looking to save them, you could try using the pen tool, stroking the path, then just leaving that image behind it... Would that work?

hahhaa well you wouldn't be the first to call me crazy. 8}

I think you'll find that the image isn't as complex as it appears here. If you're thinking about all those light/dark squares you're seeing within the image itself, i believe those are just the bg showing through.
I think the logo is made of only solid colours... i think. \:] [honesty]

Is this the case tmac? Or, no?

PS: even with those though, i'll still go with the Pen tool idea. :p ;)

Seems to me to be abit of a no-brainer to do from scratch in Illustrator! :\

Back