What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's this vintage image called?

blackystrat

I see this distressed sun image on so many shirts on retro/ vintage designs.

Is there a name for this specific image and what's its relation to the vintage theme?

Attachments

• vintage-sub.png
    vintage-sub.png
    542 KB · Views: 8
After reverse searching the image, going through amazon listings of T shirts with that design, I have found out the Sun Design is referred to as the "Retro Sun".

Remember VHS Tapes from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s with this synthwave retro Sun?
This is what I read on one of the listings, so I'm assuming its got from here.

So this design is mostly used on Beach wear or summer wear and depicts a Relaxed Mood.

After reverse searching the image, going through amazon listings of T shirts with that design, I have found out the Sun Design is referred to as the "Retro Sun".

This is what I read on one of the listings, so I'm assuming its got from here.

So this design is mostly used on Beach wear or summer wear and depicts a Relaxed Mood.

Now I get it. Thank you so very much for looking into this for me :)

According to my old design instructor, the 'retro' or 'vintage'is an artistic stylization that features washed-out colors, distressed textures, and is not limited to the use of Analogous, Tertiary, and Quaternary color groups. This is a little nugget that always been helpful for me.

Thanks for sharing that info. I'll keep it in mind

According to my old design instructor, the 'retro' or 'vintage'is an artistic stylization that features washed-out colors, distressed textures, and is not limited to the use of Analogous, Tertiary, and Quaternary color groups. It also can features subject matter that harkens to a bygone or reminiscent theme. This is a little nugget that always been helpful for me.

Back