What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wow!

sfm

Guru
I just discovered something!

I am drawing a road (another web site) and what I did was draw a line and then shear that line but one of the lines I wanted to move to get it just where I wanted it so thinking it wouldn't work but went ahead anyway B7 I lassoed (?) the section that I wanted moved then transformed that selection with the perspective - now this had me amazed that I could just transform that part and that part only so I went further - while it was still selected I needed to move it down a little so using the move tool I hit the down arrow key a couple of times and now I have it perfectly placed!

I didn't know I could do this! did anyone else?

ooooooooo I am excited now he he he
sfm

theKeeper

Guru
aaa... how bout some pictures Sue?
While reading your description i felt like i had marbles in my mouth... hahaha :p
Or like i was running frantically around in a very small room and banging into the walls repeatedly. hahaaa aaa [stuned]

it's due partly to the lack of punctuation Sue.

Seriously though... pictures would add some clarity.

If you're talking though about being able to "Transform a Selection"... ya i can safely say i'm aware of that function -- it's right there under the Select menu. ;)

hahaa aaa i haven't had a good 'ribbing' handed to me this easily in a long time. :rofl: :D
Thanks Sue!

theKeeper

Guru
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ya that's ABIT better Sue! Thanks!

But i'm still not 100% sure of what you mean...

is the smaller piece shown in your example -- the selected part -- is that part of the longer piece to the left of it?! Or is the smaller piece separate on it's own? Cause if it is well... why bother selecting it to transform it?! [stuned]

More clarity still please! [slick]

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Whoa girl, punctuations it is....

If the line or shape were on a transparent layer, yes, you could do that. When you move a loosely lassoed sshape on a layer, the ants select the colored pixels on that layer. If it had a background, yould be moving bits of the selected background as well as creating a hole.

vee

sfm

Guru
Vee you are right it does take the background and yes the 2 lines were on a transparent layer

as to why I would want to change one line and not the other
a) I wanted it at a different angle to the long line
b) once I had sheared both of them I wanted the now different angled short line made slightly longer with the large kept the same
c) I wanted the now different angled, slightly longer line in a different position
d) the now different angle, short line slightly longer, in a different position was all done because I wanted to :p :p :p he he he I didn't reach 1000 posts because I couldn't say what I wanted to ha ha ha
sfm

Hwulex

Ok, I must be being really thick here, coz I can't seem to Skew a line like that! :(

I need to curve it as above. I drew it with the line tool. Tried to skew, but it'll only go up/down (on one side) so not the desired effect.

Tried rasterizing first as well, but made no difference.

I tried the Help, but it wasn't any :(

Sorry for being a pain [oops] [innocent]

markzebra

Sue ? yes of course you can transform ony sections of a layer.

You can also feather the selection before you transform for more gradual effects. Try taking a picture of a human face and select the nose. Feather the selection and then transform to your hearts content. There you go ??instant nose job.

Oh and Hwulex - you need filters for curved transformations. None of the transorm tools will do the job. Try the Shear filter for this one.

G

Yes, feathering a selection is nice, but in a way you lose control over what your doing. I think it's always better when you do retouch work on photographs to use the wonderful layer masks, because they give you much more control and you can always go back.