What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong button colour. Why?

Hanarky

Hi,

Not sure, how to describe my problem. I am making a little private homepage for exercising. I made an interface with PS7, that is merely a background picture. I downloaded a button-series in different colors as gif from the net and copied each button on a separate layer in PS to see, which buttons best matches my design.
There is a purple button, that appears in PS dark-blue. In ACDC it is shown as purple. Even when I export the psd to Image-Ready and then from there preview in Internet-Explorer, the button is shown as purple as well as in Image Ready itself.
It is very irritating, that the button is shown as darkblue in PS, since I wanted to make a mouse-over effect from purple to blue.I have an additional blue button, that is shown correct, but both buttons are shown in the same dark blue. Can anybody help me, how I can see the purple color of the button in PS?
Hope, my question is understandable :)

Hanarky

Yes, it is.
You are probably working in a colorspace that isn't suited for the web. Some say: turn the colormanagement off when you work for the web. If you have an HP printer, you can choose sRGB. (Edit> Colorsettings)

But first check Image>Mode that you are in RGB.

Thanks for the answer.

I was in RGB-color mode and turned now the colormanagement off. That worked! I have a nice purple button now :perfect:

Cool Hanarky... glad to see that Erik led you to find the solution to your colour problem! :perfect:

Back