What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator xara 3d 5.0

i was wondering if there is any way i can save a file i make i xara so i can use it in adobe. So far all i see is just saving it as a xara file. so i have just been hittin alt print screen then pasting iand saving t in paint as bmp. then openeing it on adobe and using the magic eraser tool to erase background and leave text. is there a simpler way???? please help

Export option

You can export the file as .gif, .jpg or .png. You can then open the file in Photoshop without any hassles. :perfect:

HTH

Roger

Indeed, Roger is right. Applications that are based on math like 3D, vector and fractals have to create a pixel-based output which is rendered or exported. Saving happens in their own "language".

ok thanks the info u gave is pretty much all i needed. i found the export thing so it been working great. thanks alot
Mike

try thyis idea

i made this with xara 3d 5.0,

the process was simple...

create the text you want (i wanted to get a sorta mechanical image) and add a rotation (make sure its rotates all the way round..not just facing (if that makes sence)

export it as a .swf file at about 40 frames per cycle (it dosent matter about the frame rate as it wont be moving

import it to swish 2.0 (or any other swf editing file (flash etc))

make sure you import it not as a sprite and not masked

do a test in browser at a 100% browser size and the 3d should be static (not moving) and screen dump

the screen resolution is high enough with it being 100% browser size

then paste the screen dump into photoshop and then off ya go add background shadow etc

Back