What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Check the FlashPlayer Version using JavaScript

I'm able to detect if the flash player for IE is installed or not but how to check for version 7 ? using javascript or vbscript? Thanx

Keeper I could kiss you for the search :p I tried google b4 , but you found gr8 source. Thanx 4 that. ;\

jenifer

hese files are used to enable detection of the end user's Flash Player version, initate a player-based installation, and return the user to your site to view your content.

* playerProductInstall.html
Contains the JavaScript logic for completing the Express Install process
* AC_OETags.jsWhole Life Insurance
JavaScript source file; used by ClientSideDetection.html to detect and embed the Flash Player
* example.swf
Flash movie to test your implementation of the Express Install process
* playerProductInstall.swfEvidence Discovery
Contains the ActionScript logic used to initiate the Express Install process
* playerProductInstall.fla
Calls on the ActionScript files of the same name to complete the Express Install process
* playerProductInstall.as
Contains the logic for completing the Express Install process
* playerProductInstallCallback.as
Contains the callback function dictating what happens when end user does not install the new Flash Player through the Express Install process

D

danieltooop

I think the below function will be useful..

function getFlashVersion(){
// ie
try {
try {
// avoid fp6 minor version lookup issues
// see: deconcept » GetVariable/SetVariable crashes Internet Explorer with Flash Player 6
var axo = new ActiveXObject('ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6');
try { axo.AllowScriptAccess = 'always'; }
catch(e) { return '6,0,0'; }
} catch(e) {}
return new ActiveXObject('ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash').GetVariable('$version').replace(/\D+/g, ',').match(/^,?(.+),?$/)[1];
// other browsers
} catch(e) {
try {
if(navigator.mimeTypes["application/x-shockwave-flash"].enabledPlugin){
return (navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash 2.0"] || navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash"]).description.replace(/\D+/g, ",").match(/^,?(.+),?$/)[1];
}
} catch(e) {}
}
return '0,0,0';
}

var version = getFlashVersion().split(',').shift();
if(version < 10){
alert("Lower than 10");
}else{
alert("10 or higher");
}