What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Registering to search engines how ?

Hi I just complete my sites and also added meta tags to it and keywords but it's still not coming in google and yahoo search :( Do I need to pay 4 it ?

No, but it usually takes 3-4 weeks before your site get's indexed and listed. Some engines, like Yahoo take 3-4 months and aren't real easy to make it into through normal channels.

If you want to manually list your site just go to the search engine's home page and use their submission form. Same time frame rules apply though.

hmmm I was thinking the same, that means I have to wait 3 more weeks as I uploaded it b4 one week with meta tags set. anyway thanx alot for your help.

i was trying to get my site indexed as well and found google doesnt search meta tags. inbound and outbound links will get you indexed with google as well as the website submision as thekeeper said.

You should check out addme.com they submit your site to a bunch of search engines for free. You could also try joining MonsterLinkSwap.com or other sites like that the only problem with that is the quality of links you get can be quite bad. you also need ensure that they are relevant to your site, or they are basically useless. also the better ranked the sites you are linked to are the better your rank will be to ( as far as i know).

Dmoz

Back in the day at least DMOZ was the definitive place you wanted to get registered. It's reviewed by people and every big search engine picks up entries from dmoz.org. Once I had a site listed there it was automatically picked up everywhere else - downside is it takes awhile.

If you're in a hurry to get spidered giving yourself a link in from a big web site - like a forum *cough *cough, works well.

Good luck :D cheers - seven

You dont need to

It is not nessary to add yourself to a search engines anymore...aslong as it optimised properly. Google etc will find it.

Focus first on making your site useful, full of good content, and worthy of being visited. This will get you better rankings than ANY seo technique.

After you've done that, here are the important factors.

1) make sure your url is short and contains your keywords. 2) make sure your title tag contains your keywords 3) make sure your h tags (h1-h3) tags contain your keywords 4) create a google sitemap and submit it to them through their webmaster tools. 5) go back to creating your site and making it worthy of visitation.

google dont give much value to meta keywords or descriptions,
after google index your site build some links (dofollow links) toward to your site. that would help you rank higher.

make sure your content is unique.
Just adding the meta data wont make your site appear on search engines. it takes time and abit of work. If you want to target some keywords build some links.
google for seo basics or find a seo related forum you'll get some details there.

Hi I just complete my sites and also added meta tags to it and keywords but it's still not coming in google and yahoo search :( Do I need to pay 4 it ?

I know one best way to get the search engine to your site..... Simply you can use Search Engine Visibility option Search Engine optimization & Internet Marketing at very cheap cost.... After you use this search engine visibility your site become will become a best searching result in the google and yahoo search engine..... So you can try this method and get the best result in the search engine.........

use both onpage & offpage SEO techniques to get indexed in search engines.

Back