What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PSG causing problems!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, recently PSG has added something that is causing major problems with Firefox!

It's so bad, that I dread coming here. It's only here that I have the problem.

Everything is slowed way down or not working at all!

Even typing this is a major headache! I have reset Firefox and it did not help.

Any ideas?

Man, that must be a major PITA. FWIW, I'm using Firefox and have no problems with PSG, see no change from previous behavior (say, a month ago), etc.

Could you be more specific, eg, what version of FF, do you encounter the problem at all times, only when advertisements are loading, bandwidth of your link to the internet, have you turned on task manager / resource monitor to see which process(es) is/are causing the problem, etc.

Tom

I had to go to Firefox because the site would crash Internet Explorer when I tried to post. It works okay on Firefox but it doesn't retain my user name and password even though I check remember me, I have to log in every single time.

Hey Tom, Firefox 24.0, and it only occurs when I have PSG on a tabbed page. If I close the tabbed page, everything works fine. As long as I have PSG open on a page in Firefox, I have problems.

I've been doing some research, I downloaded "No script" and the problem seems to be a script running on PSG....... just says script 36. If I disable or block this script, I don't have problems!

Last edited:
Nope, now I have a new set of problems!

Ahh -- 24.0 -- I usually lag behind intentionally on updates by a couple of weeks, so I'm not on the bleeding edge. I'm still on v23, and no problems whether tabbed or not. Good luck in getting this resolved.

Have you tried using Chrome or Safari? On a quick try, both of those also seem to have no problems with PSG. I checked both tabbed and non-tabbed.

T

I use chrome and I too have had a lot of slow responses on the website especially with loading images they take forever. I am probably going to say there may be some bugs in the installation or network issues of this site. I have been doing ping tests and they vary from 200 ms to timing out so my guess it could actually be both issues network and the implemented cgi scripts running the site.

may also be time for a database purge as their is a huge amount of data on this server.

Hawkeye - Sorry, missed you earlier. That's part of my problem as well, when I refresh a page I don't always see updated posts. Earlier, in this case, when I refreshed the page, I saw my post and NOT Hawkeyes! I don't have problems with the login, it remembers my info.

Tom - Like you, I usually avoid immediately downloading new versions. However, I've never had any problems with FF. So I have a false sense of security when it comes to Mozilla. I don't have Chrome but Safari (which I don't care much for) seems to work a little better than FF. Oh yes, I did fire up my activity monitor (task manger) and I could not discern what, if anything, was zapping bandwidth or taxing the CPU which was reading as 99% idle.

Hoogle - As I said things were working fine (even in FF 24.0) up until a few days ago and something drastically changed on this site. I do believe it is a script causing the problem. After downloading and trying the "No Script" plug in, the problem was resolved for the site as I was blocking the offending script, but the plug in caused a variety of other issues that, all in all, were worse! So I deleted the plug in.

Still having the same issues. I also noticed when I have the Forum open on a tabbed page, on another tabbed page, Youtube videos take a lifetime to download! Close the Forum tab, and no problems. Does not make sense.

I'm going to try un-installing FF and then re-installing it.

I haven't been using this forum for long, but it has been dog slow since I got here. I've tried IE10 Firefox and Chrome. All the same and it is very frustrating

Chrome works really well, had a couple of slow days recently but nothing to crow about, i stopped using FF as it kept asking me for password to the site even though i had it saved?

seems to be more around 8pm to midnight for me (European time)that this site hangs a lot must have something to do with bandwidth

Steve, I just noticed it a few days ago. Maybe last Thursday night late or Friday at the earliest.I'm running OSX 10.7.5.

It's late and I just got home from an emergency case (I'm on call) so I have not had the chance to un/reinstall FF, I'll do that first thing in the am.

FWIW, I'm on a fiber optic system (FIOS), and I see no variation in speed over the course of each day, so that supports it being an internet congestion / bandwidth problem.

T

not getting any slowing, maybe i just haven't noticed, where's the server based?

Back