What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3d Repousse

Syed

Hi folks

Please take a look at attached design and respond to following 2 questions:

1) Is it possible to get this kind of effect using 3d Repousse camera?
2) Is it possible to give this kind of material applied to the digits "100/100" within 3d Repousse?

I am relatively new to 3d Repousse and still exploring the potential of this excellent new feature. However, I had doubts if this effect can be achieved 100% within Photoshop or not.

Thanks
Syed

ufone-100-per-100.jpg

You should be able to get very close with Repousse. You can use any material, if it isn't in PS you can create your own new materials. Don't forget lighting, you can move the lights, and create new lights of various kinds to get the effects you're after.

You really need to experiment with it to see what you can do.

By the way, where are you from?

Hi, thanks for your response. I am from Pakistan and the text you see on the attachment other than the digits and Ufone logo is in Urdu language.

Appreciate if you could provide a little bit of more information from your experience. Do you believe the artist who made that design used PS 3d camera or does it seem to be a composite with 3d part done in some other 3d application?

Thanks again.
Syed

From the extreme photo-realism here I suspect the 3D part was done with a more sophisticated 3D program like Autocad 3ds max or something like that. It *might* be possible to do it in repousse by an experienced hand, but for a beginner the lighting and shading would be tricky. That said, however, you can certainly produce something close.

The rest of the graphic is no problem for photoshop.

Here's something to start you off with repousse Syed. Create the text 100 in Photoshop and of course make a repousse object out of it. I'm going to assume you know how to do this. When the 3D Repousse dialog box opens up, play with the Depth settings. Once you have the desired outcome you're looking for, use the 3D rotate camera tool that is within the 3D Repousse dialog box. It'll be on the left side of the box. If you don't know exactly which one it is, simply hover your mouse over the icons and a tooltip will popup for you. Once you have found it, click on it and rotate the camera to the desired angle. Now this is important, anything to do with 3D graphics will not be understood overnight. so it's important that you familiarize yourself with the 3D tools that Ps provides.

Here's a video from a Ps evangelist that goes into detail about Repousse better than I can. http://tv.adobe.com/watch/fast-trac...nd-effects-with-adobe-repousse-in-photoshop-/

Back