What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3d show off room

Sanby ... originally I checked your link using 'Opera 6.02' (my prefered browser) .. have since checked with IE5 v5.00.2314.1003 and only get the 'red x box' in a much larger defined box ... now, I'm no html guru but when my code has done that to me it has always turned out to be that I have got my code wrong .. hope you can fix :perfect:

Before we make any assumptions of what the problem can be...there is something weird going on with this web site.

I copied the link of the image to a downloader like Flashget to check the speed of this site...during the whole download the speed went from 0.1 kb (yes, 100 bytes) to only about 4-5 kB/sec.
I have DSL and my normal speeds with sites like these are well over 100 kB/sec

In my case it took me 6 min to open the image, either with Flashget (using one connection) or using Internet Explorer.

Funny, I didn't had a problem when I went to the site 3 days ago, but at this moment (11:00am EST) it's extremely (!) slow :shocked:

The file is also way too big with 900 kB :shocked:

I checked your file and I noticed that you saved it with a Jpeg quality of 100%...I wonder why you did that...that's just asking for large files like these [confused]

I wanted to get the highest quality I coul;d get. What is the lowest quality I can set it at with very little to no lose in quality?

I guess I should put a smaller version on the site and anyone who wants to get a bigger, full sized version can download it from a link in a zip file. Does that sound better?

Sanby

Did anyone go to anywhere else on the site? Was the loading time just as crazy or was it just the wallpaper that had a slow loading time?

Sanby

Sandy, use some common sense please :D
If I download an image from your site that with a speed of 4 kB/Sec when I have highspeed...then it's 4 kB/sec...period
That has nothing to do with the fact that it's an image or not, for the computer it's just plain data.
If your image is stored on the same server, then everything will open with the same slow speed. Although there wasn't any need for it, I did check it out to ease your mind and yes, it's slow everywhere.
The fact is, the site might be fast for you, it might have the same resolution as your personal settings, it might be compatible with your browser, 900kb for a file might not be too much for you, etc, it just doesn't work for everybody.
You can do two things, ignore it or change it. It's all up to you.
Don't expect a lot of visitors if you ignore the wishes of your visitors, keep that in mind.

So, how do I update it so everything moves faster?

Sanby

File Size vs. Quality is an art form. You gotta find a happy medium. Pesonally, I like to stay around 30k. Then again, I hardly ever post big images. Find balance. You can offer several different dimensions and list the file size for each one.

Been working on Buzz when I can. The majority of his armour is now one big spline object. There is one part that I don't like, but I'm going to leave it. With what I do like, only two more tweaks and I'm ready for his head.

:whew:

Great, it's looking good.

Sanby

Yep, lookin' good, Stroker! :perfect:

Hey hey, this little guy is coming righ along... Stroker... this is looking very cool :perfect: [oops] [excited]

My first attempt on a race car in Wings 3d. I just started it (im sure you could tell judging by the image), and its actually hard to tell back from front. Before continuing, I'm ganna have to decide if im going to follow it by a real car, or make up my own wierd looking car ;)

Ok, just asked a car geek freind of mine, and he new right off the bat, it looked something close to the 2002 Pagani Zonda C12 S 7.3!!! So now I have some sweet pics to help me determine the size of everything, and the smoothness, etc.
tn_zondac12s73_1.jpg
Front view: will help me with bumper, aero dynamics, etc.
tn_zondac12s73_2.jpg
Helps me understand shading of blue color
tn_zondac12s73_3.jpg
Same thing^
tn_zondac12s73_4.jpg
Lets me understand the spoiler a bit, but not to much ;)
tn_zondac12s73_5.jpg
Nice back view
tn_zondac12s73_6.jpg

Shows me how its ganna be a challenge to get 4 exhast pipes in one small circle in the middle of the back of the car!!! [stuned]

One huge prob im having, is when I want to color part of a object, and I set it on 60% transparenct, it's only transparent when its viewed in smooth shading??? [confused] Which is giving me troubles, case i need it transparent in flat shading.

O ya, want some huge wallpaper pics of these cars? They're really sweet and show more of the image ;) :
http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/images/pagani/zondac12s73_1.jpg
http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/images/pagani/zondac12s73_2.jpg
http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/images/pagani/zondac12s73_3.jpg
http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/images/pagani/zondac12s73_4.jpg
http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/images/pagani/zondac12s73_5.jpg
http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/images/pagani/zondac12s73_6.jpg

just started outlining and detailing top from and back, I will create the sides, and everything else not there later ;)

Windshield area looks really good, as does the profile alond the sides... trouble area top right does not follow through as a loop but rather ends half way through... I would do a cut between the windshield and this area... along the greenline seen below here... keeping the mesh as even as one can all the way through the process...

I am betting that if you cut your car here length wise in half, and model just one side at a time things will prove easier to move around on axis through rotate etc... just a thought... ( simply duplicate, move to side along axis, flip, move back along axis to position... click off the view of one in the object box and then select the whole inside, click off this model to hide and click other to show...select it's inside area then click both to show in object box and now you have the two isides selected and the two parts positioned then either weld or bridge together in the end... sounds like a lot but actually only takes but a minute to do and makes for much easier modeling through out the whole procees as the smaller single sided model rotates in a much tighter axis making for easier finding the view to work on which ever area... and of course the best part being you do not have to select both sides wwhen modeling in order to retain symetry.... phew... hope this makes some sense here... :D ;\ :) :) )

all in all Allister, this is going to be one sweet looking model here... right on man :perfect:

Gidget, thanks for the suggestions, but whats really pissing me off right now is that the right half of the car is nice and even, but the left half is really messed, the lines aren't prellel which for what reason i have no clue [confused] , and the left side of the windshield id curving inwards not outwards. Gidget, is there anyway I can select the right half of the car, duplicate that, and then flip it the other way, and put it next to the right half, so both halfs are perfectly the same? I've tried rotation the car so I have a complete top view of the car, selecting half of the car, but I can't duplicate it unless im on te object selector, and so far te whole car is one object! And i also don't know how I would be able to flip it. So for now, im going to make the rght half as perfect as possible (fix the back, pretty up the windshield more, etc.). Have and ideas???

[stuned] Oh man, Alistair! Kudos to you! :perfect: This looks to be a tremendously challenging job that you've undertaken! Keep at it! [excited]
'Tween you and the advice/help from Gidgit I really look forward to you pulling this one off! ;) What an awesome learning experience... one that I know nothing about but one that I can appreciate from a perseverence point of view! :D

Back