What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Mins

gautamz07

Power User
Hey guys i am in a job in which i have to make quite a few edits in a single day . so sometimes i have to complete a edit in like 15 - 30 mins(usually these are adverts ) . So i decided to post on this thread what ever i do and may be you'll can critique it , and tell me how i could improve on that particular design .

TY :D .

Gautam .

Here's my 5 mins edit for today . :cheesygrin: i know its very very basic , but still .

cover image.jpg

What is this an advert for?

Without text, I don't get the context.

That said, my critique would be that your background clashes with the photos, try using a textured background instead of a plain gradient. Google image search "photoshop texture" or "grunge texture" ...you'll find plenty

What is this an advert for?

Without text, I don't get the context.

That said, my critique would be that your background clashes with the photos, try using a textured background instead of a plain gradient. Google image search "photoshop texture" or "grunge texture" ...you'll find plenty

Rob thank you for joining the thread , that was really meaningful advice , the context was , its an image for a pre -school and yeah as suprising as it sounds , its without text and the text comes in a different container , not the image itself . I should have probably added more effects with toys and stuff , but what you said about the background was right . i did google it and maybe in the future , i can use such backgrounds .

TY . :D

Gautam.

Gautam, Google is your friend. Before you take your 5 minutes to slap together an idea, try Googling some ideas first.

I like to use Google image. Go to Google's main page and select IMAGES. In the search widow enter what your searching for...like "Daycare advertisements"

daycare advertisements

Take a few minutes to browse some of the current designs to see if any inspire you.

Hey , This time i did take robs and Iams advice and borrowed the BG from Google .

PS :
I am tired of just creating plain shapes as borders , i need to find more fancy ones . Hmmmm maybe i need to go google about that .

cover-image.jpg

Thank you .

Gautam .

Guys i improved on yesterdays post , Actually Iam i refer to alot to google , because i guess it is easier to use the google images as an interface and be creative than be out-right creative . But for this post i just could't find the right keywords , or maybe i just did't try enough . anyways , i worked a bit on yesterdays image and refered google for "color combinations" and heres the image , i wish there was a way to make those kids stand out or Glow a bit :D . I think i need to make the text stand out more , let me see what i can do . heres the image i worked on .

Post-1.jpg

I am a bit bad with color combinations , that way i am using lesser colors .

Thank you .

Gautam.

am, you seem to be confused. I'm not recommending that you use images you find with Google, like you did in post #7 for a background and that you mention in post #8.
am said:
Actually Iam i refer to alot to google , because i guess it is easier to use the google images as an interface and be creative than be out-right creative .
What I recommended is that you use Google to find ideas and inspiration for any type of advertising that you are assigned.

Gautamz...

As pointed out to you, google is a good source for inspiration and ideas but that's just about all. Not all background or stock image you'll find via google is free to use.

Which is why at this early stage, you should start amassing stock images and assets- backgrounds, unlimited time free stock images, Photoshop brushes, actions and other related material. There are a lot of sites that offer free stock- you have to search for them. Keep these in an external hard drive.

You should not be tempted to copy what you see just so you can churn out designs as quickly as you find them. It's all right to search for inspiration but DEVELOP the habit of creating designs of your own .

Guatam, I think you do need to work on the backgrounds. I think the daycare you posted first could work with the hands if you made them different sizes and overlapped them with the photos. Make the pics larger and try them at angles. Maybe they could even overlap at the bottom edges a little.

The color choice is confusing too. Maybe a rainbow gradient or a soft green or blue, but the violet is jarring and not the kind of color good for play and relaxation. You want to keep kids calm, not riled up and all purplish! Make your backgrounds softer, quieter, and lower opacity or a bit more pastel.

Remember what I said about the ballcaps? This radiant geen on orange (if I remember it right) is way too much for the main image. It pulls your eyes away. It is also too op arty for my tastes. If you made this less opaque, again like the other, more of a watermark strength and maybe altered the color choice, it would be less distracting.

The second one you posted is really on the mark. Bravo.

Oh, btw, on the first, unless it is a web banner, the rectangle doesn't look right to me. It would work better as a square or an vertical rectangle a bit wider. The pics are too small and overwhelmed by the size of the background and the hands are disjointed and floating.

@Div , i realise what you said is very practical and meaningful , espically in the long run , thanks a ton for that .

@IB in retrospect actually the 1st image i posted looks UGLY :D i know , but yes the same image can be improved upon , as you have pointed . I remember that you had said the last time , on one of my threads , that the BG was clashing a lot with the image on it , so i will try reducing focus on secondary things and try bringing the focus on the main target .

The second one you posted is really on the mark. Bravo.

Thank you for that , a lil approval , always helps .

@Iam , this is not the last of it , i will be posting a lot on this thread , and i hope you like some of it atleast , i see ur quite the perfectionist :) i may not understand everything you say at once , but i do refer these threads , whenever i have difficulties .

Once again Thank you everyOne for your time.

Gautam.

ok so i just made this image and talking about creative ideas , i have an idea that i'd like to implement in this picture . it still looks incomplete to me .

cover-Image.jpg

i want to give it a bill board lamps , on the top or on the bottom , now thats the creative idea i have . so i'am going to go and think how to do that .. and than may be also try adding a light on the shirts , as though the light was real .

Hmmmmm , let me go think now

Gautam said:
@Iam , this is not the last of it , i will be posting a lot on this thread , and i hope you like some of it atleast , i see ur quite the perfectionist :) i may not understand everything you say at once , but i do refer these threads , whenever i have difficulties .
I don't understand. I'm going to chalk your confusion up to a language barrier an call it quits.

Back