What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alaska photos

Been waiting for these.... Just awesome steve!

Last edited:
Nice shots but it looks pretty cold for me, I'm a desert man. How about all you guys go to Egypt with me sometime?

Me at Edfu Temple, Egypt April 2011

Hey Hawkeye, as soon as the craziness in the mid east calms down I'll go but right now, no thanks.

Alaska2011 (373).jpg

Notice the young lady in the short sleeve shirt.
It was over 60º F that day.

Global warming??, I asked about the glaciers in the area, they are expanding according to the folks there.
Larger every year.

Hey I just came back in May, perfectly safe. Forget what you've been told, they love Americans. Seriously, Egypt is one of the safest places I've ever traveled to, I've been there 5 times.

Dude! you are making me homesick with these pictures! I used to live in Palmer Alaska which is sort of between Wasilla and Eagle River (about a 40 min. drive north of Anchorage). These pictures look like they could've been an the Kenai area, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I lived in the Matanuska Valley for about six years and I miss it dearly. Alaska is one of those places that once you leave it is hard to go back to because the economy is not as stable as most places and you just can't walk down the street and get another job. It is a very limited area of the world but if you have good survival skills you can do just about anything especially if you have a skill or a trade that is valuable.

Anyway, these pictures sort of made me homesick and I appreciate you posting them to this forum.

God bless
Elmo

I always hear people talk about the weather like it is really cold or something up there, but I'm telling you I lived in North Dakota for 10 months and that far surpassed anything that happened in Alaska as far as cold temperatures go . I guess if you live north of the mountains that surround the southern part of Alaska and head towards the Valley National Park it starts getting really cold in the winter, that's for sure. Typical winter day is about 40° below zero and that's without a wind chill. But once you get on the other side of those mountains of the southern part of Alaska past Talkeetna and heading towards the Matanuska Valleyit is pretty beautiful there and the temperatures are very similar to upstate New York for the winter. The great thing about summer though, is it warmed up considerably and then the sun is out 24 hours seven days a week during that time.

I was out fishing at two o'clock in the morning what time and didn't even know it because it was so bright out I thought it was the afternoon! lol however, on the reverse side of that coin is winter when the sun is almost never out for any reason. Oh well, couldn't help but reminisce a little bit.

God bless

Elmo

Looks heavenly good, if there's something that would make me go there, it would be these pictures, good job!

Back