What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another glassy/plastic orb...

This one looks GREAT again! You probably changed something this time, but I don't know what. This one looks as good as the last one.
But please don't ask me if the reflections are ok [confused]

Well done :perfect: :perfect:

TX Rick, Sanby, Mark & Gauss!
Mark... more food for thought, THANK YOU! ;)
And I love that image you posted! :perfect:

I really like the background images, where do you get them and would it be possible for me to get a copy of them?
I'm sorry Sanby... I forgot to answer your question. These background I got from "Webshots" http://www.webshots.com/homepage.html and, of course, they're free for personal use! :D

Great link, thanks.

Sanby

:rofl: See what happens when you 'venture about'... [saywhat] as you've been, obviously, well doing Alistair!

So much to see... so much to learn! ;) :perfect:

wbiss said:
:rofl: See what happens when you 'venture about'... [saywhat] as you've been, obviously, well doing Alistair!

So much to see... so much to learn! ;) :perfect:

Indeed, Wendy :D
Here is my first try for reflection:
ball%20and%20rose.jpg

Pls,tell me what do you think? Do I need to correct anything? [stuned]

Thank you!

:perfect: Awesome job ljiljana!

My question to you is this... are you trying to reflect (as the rose suggests) onto the ball (as in a mirrored ball) or are you trying to produce a glass ball image? I ask you this for a reason. ;)

Your background seems to be that of a 'glass ball' effect, while the rose reflection seems to be that of a 'mirrored ball'. If you want to keep the 'glass ball effect', reduce the size of your rose reflection (spherize/distort it a bit more) and lower the opacity to be almost imperceptible.

Otherwise, you're onto a great learning path. :}

ThanksWendy :perfect:

Yes I would like to have a "glass ball effect".

Nice first try ljiljana. :perfect:

I would also like to suggest that you remove the 'drop shadow'. It's out of place. You need instead to create a "perspective" shadow. i.e. one that is 'cast' upon the floor surface at an angle.

You would use the EDIT>Transform> tools for that purpose. :B

Thanks Mark!
I will change the shadow,the same way we did with the glass button. ;) :perfect:

Quite new to the forum and pretty new to photoshop. Would deff. like to get some feedback on some stuff and some tips. Been gettin alot of sites collected up to learn more, but more would be helpful. The BlueSteel text is just there to take up space cuz I couldnt think of anything else to put there.

EDIT: I also need some help on the transparent and clear balls. I have trouble with them and I'm sure once I learn how it's easy.

Welcome LicKWiDX! :)

Nice work! :perfect:

Mark (theKeeper) makes the best orbs, glassy, metallic, plastic, etc. Keep working through his tutes (practise, practise, practise)... check out his "Classy Glass Buttons" http://photoshopgurus.info/intermediate/classy-glass_buttons/classy-glass_buttons.shtml and his "Realistic Glass/Plastic Pill Buttons" http://photoshopgurus.info/intermediate/glass-buttons/real_glass_buttons.shtml

;) Also, I'm quite sure that if you do a search on this forum, you'll come up with all kinds of threads relating to this subject!

Keep up the good work and enjoy your time here! :D

Welcome to the community LicKWiDX. Hope you enjoy your stay. [excited]

Interesting design. Not too bad on the effects. :perfect:

NOTE: your image was a whopping 212kb. Very few folks will take the time to wait for that to download. I optimized and reposted your image to allow a quicker download. That way, you'll get more responses. It's now only 52kb. ;)

Things to watch out for:
- Rough edges on the bevels. Try "Smooth" instead of hard or soft edge.

- Inconsistent light source effects. The screw in the bottom right corner should be shaded to match the metal surface it's screwed into.

- No shadows = no depth. Finish the visual effect of the graphic by adding perspective shadows for the various elements of the interface. Particularily the buttons.

Keep at it. You're getting there. :B

Ya I gotta work on the whole light perspective thing. That's been a big fault of mine. Any way offhand that ya know of that would help me out. Like a few projects or tutorials that would teach me some stuff. Also what all did ya do to make the file smaller. I wasnt aware that it was so big so I'd like to make sure it doesnt happen again. Thx for the links I'll be sure to check them out. I've got a lot to learn, but a long time to learn them. So just keep feedin me full of info :perfect:

Back