What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatically added your file info when creating a new or opening a file (droplet?)

PhotoRepair

Hi Everyone. I used to be able to just open any image and my copyright info would be inserted into the file data. I guess it was a droplet, "when the file is opened or created then add file info from a xmp file". I still have the xmp file with all the data in but i am unsure how to implement it being automatically opened and added to the file when i create a new one? can anyone help with this. I thought i could handle it but just cant figure it out, i assume its a droplet of some sort.

Thanks for any help:)

Neil

Re: Automatically added your file info when creating a new or opening a file (droplet

File - File Info. This will allow you to Import information to store in the metadata of the file. I think that's what you mean?

Re: Automatically added your file info when creating a new or opening a file (droplet

Yes but this file info was added via automation from a droplet but I cant figure out how to do this. Example. I create a new file. I can then immediately go to history and see that the file information from my xmp template has been added without me doing a thing. I appreciate i can add this manually or load it via file info, but i forget and this auto process is a life saver! Just cant recall how to tie the two together.

found it Yay! thanks for your help all the same. It was via the scripts not droplets, thats where i went wrong!

tipsquirrel dot com / adding-copyright-data-in-photoshop-automatically/

Create an action for importing your xmp.
Then assign your action for open-document event in script events manager.

UPD: it'd be better to use save-doc event in order to catch both createnewdoc and opendoc.

Last edited:

Back