What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back From the Farm & Canada!

Lind Designs

Just got back from working on the farm and fishing on Lake of the Woods in Canada. Had a blast. Of course, while I was away I got a bit bored. There's no internet on the farm or at our cabin in Canada. I made up a couple company names and decided to make some logos. I also made a couple concepts for Microsoft from scratch. Well, here they are!:)

Computer Clinic.png
Innovation.png
Radical.png
Microsoft (square).png
Microsoft (rounded).png
Proof sweg.png

Also, could anyone tell me if it would be okay to put these in my portfolio? Thanks. Leave feedback.

I think it is a good start but something doesnt seem right if your using illustrator the edges look far to fuzzy and jagged to be vector how are you saving them ??

As for feedback as requested and this is only my view not everyones I would suggest having a slight off white background as white is just to bright (yes sometimes white works depending on the logo etc) Yellow on white not really a good combination

I like minimal design but your radical logo seems unbalanced to me

The microsoft is trying to copy the current metro style logos I assume but they look a bit dated

I do like the computer clinic 1 but feel the mouse needs a bit more fine tuning there is abstract and then there is a rushed unfinished look and I believe the mouse bottom left and top left just seems a bit rushed but I like the idea.

But not a bad attempt

I think it is a good start but something doesnt seem right if your using illustrator the edges look far to fuzzy and jagged to be vector how are you saving them ??

As for feedback as requested and this is only my view not everyones I would suggest having a slight off white background as white is just to bright (yes sometimes white works depending on the logo etc) Yellow on white not really a good combination

I like minimal design but your radical logo seems unbalanced to me

The microsoft is trying to copy the current metro style logos I assume but they look a bit dated

I do like the computer clinic 1 but feel the mouse needs a bit more fine tuning there is abstract and then there is a rushed unfinished look and I believe the mouse bottom left and top left just seems a bit rushed but I like the idea.

But not a bad attempt
These aren't the vectored images, just Lightshot screenshots. Also, I obviously put the most work into "Computer Clinic" which I will continue to work on.

I'm not a huge fan of the Microsoft ones, but the text in the others seems to work for what they are aimed at. The Innovation font I really like, and choosing a font can sometimes be the hardest part.

With regards to the logo itself on that one, I know you like simple, but I would try & stylize a little bit more. Just for example the lightbulb. There is nothing wrong with it, you can certainly tell what it is, but if that brief came up on 99designs, & they wanted a lightbulb, I would probably go with something like this.
Innovation-01.png

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying yours is bad & mine isn't, I'm just pointing you in a direction I think you will benefit from. I hope that's is constructive. :)

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of the Microsoft ones, but the text in the others seems to work for what they are aimed at. The Innovation font I really like, and choosing a font can sometimes be the hardest part.

With regards to the logo itself on that one, I know you like simple, but I would try & stylize a little bit more. Just for example the lightbulb. There is nothing wrong with it, you can certainly tell what it is, but if that brief came up on 99designs, & they wanted a lightbulb, I would probably go with something like this.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying yours is bad & mine isn't, I'm just pointing you in a direction I think you will benefit from. I hope that's is constructive. :)
No, I totally understand where you're coming from. I asked you to leave feedback just because I knew you would help me out. Thanks. I'll keep all this in mind. I've probably only been into logo design for a month now, so I need the feedback. Thanks again, SPWA.

Back