What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Before/after of a photo edit

Like or Not

• Total voters

Here is a before/after of a photograph im playing around with.
before.jpg
after.jpg
Would love to know your thoughts or what you'd do different to improve the original picture. :)

Nice job done, one small issue the font on the cable car should have been isolated, it has over saturated when you did the green effect.

Awesome job. Do you know where that photo was taken? Looks like fun.

Thanks digitaltwist! It was heaps of fun.. Taken at Langkawi in Malaysia. :)

Nice job done, one small issue the font on the cable car should have been isolated, it has over saturated when you did the green effect.

Thanks Paul.. and yeah youre right it probably went a little too bright and saturated while i went about ccing the whole image. :)

the edit looks amazing! Did you take the original photograph? It looks like a gondola to heaven.

Thanks ///Audience. Glad you liked it. And yes i did take the original photograph. Its a beautiful place. You should go sometime. :)

It is a good edit, in terms of contrast and such things.

I personally quite like the dark lighting in the original photo, I know it's down to personal taste, and I might be a bit sadistic in my colour choices, but as I said, in terms of editing it's really well done, however I personally think that the whole mist/cloud dynamic that's going on gives it more of a dark and mysterious feel and the blue sky makes it look very happy.

If you were going for a brighter edit, then ignore me.

Otherwise, here's a very quickly done edit of what I mean:
editk.jpg

I like the pic! The original as well as yours both are great images, I like how the original has a mysterious gloomy tone, whilst yours yours is something with more life like you would see in a jurassic park movie

One thing to critique I would say a noise reduction may have benefited it as there is a bit of noise in there, other than that great!

Back