What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black & White to Colour - Marilyn

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Quite enjoying this colouring thing so found an image of Marilyn Munroe and went mad :lol:

marilyn.jpg

Subtle but I think it works, hope you like :cool2:

Nice retouch Sir Beast

For some reason I thought it was going to be Marilyn Manson :rofl:

Great job! subtle and nicely done. I do have some suggestions though if you don't mind.
It looks like you using a sing tone for the hair,skin etc. When nothing on a person in real life is monotone.

I'm posting an example and the changes are subtle, but you can see where I added a a dusky, rosy color to her cheeks, nose eyelids and other areas where blood flow is close the skin surface. I just went in with a soft brush set to color mode. This infuses a little life and keeps the skin from looking plastic. Hair is also multi-tonal, so I added a slight honey blonde to the shadow portions and jazzed up the highlights with the doge tool.
Like I said nothing drastic, but it pumps that extra little bit of life into a photo. :)

Attachments

• marilyn.jpg
    marilyn.jpg
    628 KB · Views: 7
Damn that looks good, does make a lot of difference FB.
:cool2:

Still learning this type of thing but will certainly employ your suggestions in the next one.

Thank you my friend :thumbsup:

Great job! subtle and nicely done. I do have some suggestions though if you don't mind.
It looks like you using a sing tone for the hair,skin etc. When nothing on a person in real life is monotone.

I'm posting an example and the changes are subtle, but you can see where I added a a dusky, rosy color to her cheeks, nose eyelids and other areas where blood flow is close the skin surface. I just went in with a soft brush set to color mode. This infuses a little life and keeps the skin from looking plastic. Hair is also multi-tonal, so I added a slight honey blonde to the shadow portions and jazzed up the highlights with the doge tool.
Like I said nothing drastic, but it pumps that extra little bit of life into a photo. :)

Nicely done! Great job!

Back