What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blended layers into transparent gif's or png's for the web

FrankH

I've been designing this site for about 2 months and have just started to put the code together, but ran into a silly problem. I used the "lighten" and "darken" blending modes on my navigation buttons, and now when I hide the background to slice up the buttons and save them for web, they look totally different because they have no background to lighten or darken.

I can't think of any way around this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Duplicate the background layer, order it to be just under the button layer in your layer stack, then add a clipping mask to it by holding the Alt key on your keyboard and clicking between the layers.

Thanks, I ended up being able to recreate the effect without the blending, but your way would have worked as well. I didn't know about those masks.

Back